MOD DAY!

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the Hutch and harpoon mods today as well as changed oil, filter and fuel filter, also added a prepump filter on the chasis. Fixing to go spend a small fortune at the pump and see how the fillup is after the harpoon mad. I think the hardest part of the whole hutch mod was getting that d@** cap to screw back on the tank.:rant

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Did the Hutch and harpoon mods today as well as changed oil, filter and fuel filter, also added a prepump filter on the chasis. Fixing to go spend a small fortune at the pump and see how the fillup is after the harpoon mad. I think the hardest part of the whole hutch mod was getting that d@** cap to screw back on the tank.:rant
The big lock ring we had to soften up with a heat gun so it'd thread on right but we got it done:sweet

I'm going to drop the X tank next month to install the 5/8" pickup kit from ITP in preparation for the Pulse install in the coming months.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
What, no pictures of all that work you did?

I plan on having a MOD DAY at my shop in the near future.

Gots lot of little things that need some attention.

Sounds like you gotta lot done King, good job.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all is involved with installing the 5/8 pickup, CHP? Naw Bama doing the whole project by myself won't easy. Everybody showed up after all the hard parts were done. Just like a bunch of blisters! At least they brought cold beer!!!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
What all is involved with installing the 5/8 pickup, CHP?
Less restriction on the fuel pickup end and since some of us are going with higher PSI High Pressure Oil Pumps,bigger injectors,bigger fuel pumps,enhanced programming,performance fuel filtration and so on,the fuel delivery end starting at the tank is important.

I look towards doing the Pulse HPOP in the coming months,adding a Carter fuel pump to the system and since the 5/8 pickup tube is an easy task and affordable upgrade why not do it also.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had heard to fix my 1211 code that bigoil would be one of my options. I just wonder how the pulse would perform on my truck? Would I have to do a fuel bowl delete? New sticks I think would be my other option but I figure the HPOP would be an easier install and cheaper, but the extra horses from a set of single shots would be nice. I dont really wanna get into the motor and do the rods and stuff yet! I see the pulse is a bolt in replacement. Anybody know of any other HPOP's that are bolt on without having to do fuelbowl delete?

Last edited:

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah I pulled up to a buddies house today and the first thing he mentioned was that my truck sounded alot quieter! I guess the Hutch has done its job. I wouldnt have figured it would be that much quieter already but I hadnt even mentioned anything about the mod or what it would do too him!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14