Modification Suggestions

kbaxter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just bought this truck about a month ago, it was from the auction and in need of some help and cleaning. Finally getting the farm smell out of the cab, but still need to do an ozone treatment on it to get the hydraulic oil smell out of the cab. Also, it has a few dents, so I won't feel bad taking it up hunting and getting some scrathces on it for the price I have into the truck.

Getting ready to put several modifications on the truck this week in anticipation for a dyno days here in the Boise area in a few weeks. Primarily, I want to use the truck for hauling my fifth wheel toyhauler in the mountains and possibly be my commuter if the mileage is good. (My other car only gets about 20 mpg anyway) Pretty new to all this diesel stuff, but have been doing a lot of reading.

Here is the list of items on their way:

• SCT Livewire (decided to give this a try, hopefully they finish all the pieces soon)
  • EGT Probe
  • ATS Ported Compressor Housing
  • Compressor Wheel
  • Sonnax/Tricumulator Kit
  • 6.0 Transmission Cooler and Filter Assy
  • EPS Code Eliminator
  • Heater Plug
  • Blue CPS

Comtemplating getting an Aeromotive Regulator and having some hoses made this week while it's all apart. It seems a little expensive bying the kit for what the hoses and fittings will cost. Any thoughts on how much this helps. Does it add some HP?

Already did the engine oil and am running Amsoil. Still need to do the differentials and tranny. I'll do the tranny and transfer case when I do the Tranny kit this week. Is the kit above enough, or is there a major difference with the valve body's that some sell? I do want to improve the pressure internally on the tranny, not just with the solenoid from the programmer. Has anyone done that and some of the hole sizing changes? I don't mind a slightly firmer shift, but don't want it to slam everytime it shifts. (that can't be good either)

I am also going to order the Amsoil Air Filter. Has anyone tried these? They are just like the factory severe service filters and are from Donaldson. Does anyone know if the filter they come with is interchangeable with the one the dealer sells? I am assuming they are the same, just a different material in the element.

Are there any other mod's anyone would recommend, or maintenance while everything is off? Thanks in advance for the suggestions.:thumbs

Can't wait for the difference...

Last edited:

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I would definately put an intake kit on it to get more air into the motor since you plan on running a programmer. Make sure you get some gauges installed also. You seem to have been reading up some info. Thats a great start and good luck with your truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg