Modified Exhaust

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cousin just got a $200 ticket for a modified exhaust on his truck (91 GMC gasser) and the cop told him that they are writing tickets for them like they are speeding tickets.

First question, what constitutes a modified exhaust?....or where should I look for the info.

Also, I know a lot of sd's didn't come factory with a cat and it had a sticker under the hood...if its still there, where would it be? And can they be bought?

Can I use the VIN to look up if my truck had a factory cat?

Thanks

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it may be the same ticket as a loud exhaust, states and towns
are out to get all the money they can, any way they can.
Doug

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, they think they are the only ones hurting for money. What happens when they have to jail people can't pay their tickets. Then they need even more $$$ to house them. Its just getting to be a BIG snowball....

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their was even talk down here about writing tickets for people riding the left lane. As much as I can't stand people that do that....kinda extreme. Cops can have a laptop pulled up and messing with it going down the road, but you better not have a phone stuck in your ear:rolleyes:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
your cousin got popped because he has a Cherry Bomb.. them things are the loudest, most obnoxious sounding things this side of a ricer fart can...

If he'd had a Flowmaster or similar chambered muffler on it, wouldn't have been an issue.

JRNOLL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the first places to look is your states vehicle codes. They dictate what is or is not leagle on the exhaust systems. Alot of the time it is the noise that a vehicle can make and the smog control equiptment that must be on the vehicle for it to qualify as a roadable vehicle for the state in which you are in. Hope this helps Joe.

Last edited:

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their was even talk down here about writing tickets for people riding the left lane. As much as I can't stand people that do that....kinda extreme. Cops can have a laptop pulled up and messing with it going down the road, but you better not have a phone stuck in your ear:rolleyes:

That's an enforced law here in CO...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58