Question Mods for Colder A/C

JRJ04

Reaction score
Remember how we could wrap all the coolant lines and crompressor housing with aluminum foil tape to get the A/C colder on our 7.3s like in the article posted here:

http://superdutydiesel.com/wiki//tiki-read_article.php?articleId=49

Has anyone tried this on the 6.7? I tried looking under the hood the other day for the lines and I'll be darned if i could even make out what was going where...

Since I'm having A/C troubles (Check out my post in the 6.7 Section)...I thought this might be helpful?

Anyone attempted it?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you remember some of the guys also turned off the hot water to the Heaters in the summer time.
That might help it to cool down some.
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You can check if the heater hoses are hot at the heater box. If both are hot, then you have water flowing thru the heater, if one or none are hot, no water flowing thru the heater.

Dave

JRJ04

Reaction score
is there any harm in putting a valve in there that shuts the coolant flow off and letting it sit stagnant in there for 6 months at a time? seems like that could be a problem...

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is a bypass valve that re-directs coolant around the heater without restrict flow of the coolant. If you keep your coolant fresh it will not cause problems by going stagnate.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58