Money to burn

frankorego

Big "O"
Reaction score
Got some money to burn and looking for my first mods to bust my virgin 250s cherry. Big Hoss from Banks or piece meal a kick@#$ system? :dunno

frankorego

Big "O"
Reaction score
So I should start with some of the cheapo mods listed in these forums and then start working on the more substantial (mucho dinero) stuff like custom turbo, tranny, tuner, etc?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Lets start with what you want and how much money there is to burn first. Then we can get started.

frankorego

Big "O"
Reaction score
I'm looking for more power around 400HP and 600-700ft-lbs. I tow a 29ft travel trailer on a regular basis in the summer. About every other weekend. Gonna lift the truck, not silly but around 6in and put some bigger tires on her. Want the power to drive off road and tow the trailer. Got about $5k to spend

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Let's start with gauges, then 4 inch turbo back, then a good custom chip, from either Tony Wildman or DpTuner. You will also want to to a CAI, (cold air intake) Tymar is good and you can do it yourself for cheap. That should get you too 300horse and 600 ft lbs. You will be highly impressed with that trust me. I would also do the sonnax kit to firm up the shifts and help save the tranny some. And maybe some sort of exhaust housing to kill the surge. You could get all that done for $1250 or say I would guess.

Then come things that help to get big numbers in the future.
Regulated Fuel Return Kit
Dual HPOP
Injectors
Turbo
And a tranny to put it to the ground.
However all this is when stuff starts to get expensive.

Kyle

dpantazis

Reaction score
frankorego said:
I'm looking for more power around 400HP and 600-700ft-lbs.

That is REALLY optimistic for a 7.3 with mild mods.

You are going to HAVE to swap out stock injectors to get that. Are you figuring any tranny mods in that budget? You are going to be close on the $5K budget, $6K might be better to allow yourself.

DIY Intake- $50
Regualted Return- $350
Hutch Mod- $50
Exhaust-$500-700
Chip - $350-$500
Tranny Upgrades $1200
Injectors - $1500 - $2500+
Turbo - $800
Gauges- $350

Look in the wiki for how-to's on the first 3.

Your best bet is going to be giving someone like Bean a call. He is the injector guy, start there first. He will sell you all the other goodies-Jody's chip, MBRP exhaust, turbo.
Tell him you are working with BTS for tranny upgrades. TC, VB, etc.. Give BTS a call on your needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14