Monster Box or Suncoast? who has one and...?

Lifted_Stroker

Cummins eater
Reaction score
How do you like it? Im looking at either re-build kit and Im leaning towards the monster box set up with their valve body and a ATS five star tc. does anybody out there have this or have a MB tc? how well do these perform? had any problems?:thanks

Suncoast, the kit dont seem to come with as much stuff as the MB kit but maybe Im wrong? how well do these perform had any problems?:thanks :burnit

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Monster Box is no longer sold. Besides the Warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WD40 said:
Here is one for you. http://www.brianstruckshop.com/index.html

Should work just fine on your truck.

I second. I installed his VB in my truck and the diode locked up and toasted the flud. Man gave me credit for the VB when I bought his trans. From what I have heard on another forum, BTS has a 2 yr warranty that is "NO QUESTIONS ASKED". He has even fixed a customer's trans when it broke on a drag strip. Brian was even there. Get yourself a Ford reman and if the service manager has any hint that you have been racing, you are screwed. I have also heard that he has charged some stupid fee like $500 to rebuild the trans when it was out of warranty. Hell, the TC is already $1000.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i do have a monsterbox in my 95.i have been pleased with it so far.beat the crap out of almost daily.had an issue with it running hot but a second cooler solved that.they are no longer being built though.but as far as the warranty issue with the monster,bob riley at www.dieselsite.com has said many times that he will make sure the warranty is taken care of on all monsterboxes sold by him no matter what.ill take bobs word for it.ive spoke with him on the phone many times before and after i got mine.as far as the other monsterbox dealers are concerned :dunno

fordpower

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
i do have a monsterbox in my 95.i have been pleased with it so far.beat the crap out of almost daily.had an issue with it running hot but a second cooler solved that.they are no longer being built though.but as far as the warranty issue with the monster,bob riley at www.dieselsite.com has said many times that he will make sure the warranty is taken care of on all monsterboxes sold by him no matter what.ill take bobs word for it.ive spoke with him on the phone many times before and after i got mine.as far as the other monsterbox dealers are concerned :dunno

I have a MB from bob as well and have had one issue and bob did take care of me.:sweet
Mike

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a BTS. I have no issues. I bought a BTS VB first and then the diode locked up. Well, VB in a trans with toasted fluid. What is it worth? Nothing to me but Brian gave me credit for it.

bigdogal

BigDogAl
Reaction score
I have a Monsterbox that I got from Bob Riley and although I had a catastrophic failure of the front seal just after I bought it they came through and I got a brand new trans, fluids, labor at a Ford Dealership since I was away from home and even the car rental while the truck was in the shop. The second trans has been great, not a glitch or leak with all the pulling, rodding or muddin' I have done.

micah

simm
Reaction score
i have a bts tranny and bts dyno tune on my o2 it also hase 200hp propane and 200hp nitro and i cant hurt brains tranny ive went to the local track with the bts crew and there awsome if you can break it i think you might get an acomodation from brian for being able to break his trans i have also broke 4 rear ends after my bts trans

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58