More Gauge ??????s

strokin'

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I ordered my gauges from Diesel Performance Parts and must say so far I'm not too happy. I got an overhead pod with boost, pyro, and trans. When I first got the package I noticed there was no T fitting, after reading on here I guess some don't include them, but in the directions I quote "use supplied T fitting." But, I guess this meant nothing to them since I had to order and pay $8 shipping for a $2 T that should have been included to begin with.-mad IMO Anyways its coming down to the wire as I am going on a haul this weekend and wanted to get them in there before I leave tommorow AM. I just got home and was laying everything out to install and relized there were no fittings for the actual boost line either and from reading others post's they should be included. So are they or not?:eek:-mad :dunno

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should be in the box with the gauges, if not then autometer is to blame. There should be a little baggy with the light bulb, bolts and the copper crimp parts...

Reaction score
I have helped install a lot of gauges in the past few years. It seems that some makers include more parts than others - but I don't remember any of them not including the tee fittings. These parts should come from who ever makes the gauges and not the seller.

Ron

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
do you have any pics of the overhead pod? I was wanting to get an opinion. Do you like to look and location?

Thanks

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar story as I was shipped an oil pressure kit instead of the boost kit. Doesn't really bother me all that much. Does anybody know the size of the map line? I want to make sure I have the right sized barb fitting.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
It's 1/4" ID or close enough to it that it will work. I recomend hose clamps anyway.

strokin'

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I finally got the gauges installed after waiting two and a half weeks for all the parts. I am really disappointed with Diesel Performance Parts, the service was terrible and I will never deal with them again.:eek: The gauges are great and I love the location, I will try to get pics tommorow, however they have been expensive. As I was simply sliding the rear view mirror off of the tab, the windshield cracked-mad , top to bottom. That doubled the cost of the gauges, but I am still happy to have them finally. :burnit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14