More Hard Times A Comin'

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Well, having just sold that last car hauler and paying off alot of bills, we got some bad news yesterday.

A little back ground info first tho.

As everyone knows I'm sure, we are in the auto transport business. Not only do we have our own truck, but we are also a licensed auto transport broker.

We use a website to list our customers cars that we broker out to other transporters. Well, our biggest customer that we have had for the last 3 years decided to begin listing their stuff on the same website we were using. I can't really blame them, but they do not know the system and I think they are going to have it tough at first learning how it works.

So my number of loads I had on this website went from about 40 to 5 in a matter of a few minutes. :(

It has been deathly quite today, the phone has barely rang, but we are not giving up. Alot of the debt we have, I blame myself for. I have not been a good steward of the things I have been blessed with and now I am faced with some tough decisions. I have over spent and just not made some good decisions.(I'll leave it at that)

So now the possibility of selling the BAMA PSD is an even more greater reality.

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
Bud, I for one know how things seem to get worse, before they get better.

Our family is in the same situation, but we just gotta keep plugging away! If there is anything we can do, just let us know!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry things arent goin' as smoothly as they could.

remember for every door closed...another OPENS...

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remember for every door closed...another OPENS...

Yes, the economy does not look very good now. Many things have contributed to it along with the fuel price increase.
When we come into this life we bring nothing, and when we leave it we take nothing.
Some of my friends are in the same situation you are in, and it is not fun.
They are making decisions now to get themselves back to being debt free. It is not easy, nor fun, but necessary.
Good luck bama in whatever you do.

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for one understand after 3 MFG operation shutdown in last 10 years; I was on the market for new opportunity's.
Their is always light at the end of tunnel dig hard and search for other opportunities.
You never know what will happen, 20 years ago I interview for a job that I really wanted but they told me their was another candidate that knew this existence product line. I keep the hope then one day I get a letter stating that the other guy gone the job. Within 2 hours after opening the letter I received a phone call from their HR department with new that I had the job if I was looking. At that time I was out of work worried about BILLS, I told the HR that I had a job interview in my hometown and I would get back with them after interview. Long story shorten but I did not have an interview but I did not want them to know I was dieing for that job. Yes I went to work for them and had a great relationship.
My point is since your major customer jumped ships stay in touch if this move is difficult many time a company (Lazy Person) does not want problems. Ask about any expedited opportunities just stay in touch.

Many of us on these board will be thinking about you with fingers crossed.
Good Luck
Ken

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
The market is real soft right now for a used diesel truck, what with diesel fuel prices thru the roof and the inevitable further collapse of the economy. I just had mine appraised for insurance reasons, and it was bleak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58