More Turbo Whine?

PStroked444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Its just that..!!! It is insulating the turbo noise. I always wondered why my dads sounded louder than mine. Then I saw his insulation was not on. So after one very deep cut, many choice words and three beers I got my insulation off. Almost worth it. But it does sound louder.:cool:

aggitator

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I dont think it would be helpful to remove the insulation, it's there to help get more dense air to make your engine more effiecent.
Just my $.02

PStroked444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Its on there for idiots like me. Ever touch the boost toobs after high boost run. Even though there aluminum they get hot. Like when your truck sits out in the sun and you touch it feeling. After the air goes through the IC it sould be cooler. After the air has ben pushed through the turbo it is hot. Without the insulation the sound is almost twice as loud. JMHO:D

playinatwork

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cold side pipe?

Is this the pipe against the firewall with the tinfoil looking stuff on it? Is there an easy way to remove the insulation? This sounds like a good rainy day project. I finally last weekend just cut the hole forward of my air intake and I swear my gas mileage has improved by 1-2mpg. Now I am ready to brave some more simple mods.
Pstroked what worked best for you removing the insulation?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14