More Turbo Whine?

PStroked444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The boost tube that goes to the front driverside of the intercooler. It runs right next to the powersteering. It comes off the compressor side of the turbo. I wish I knew how to show pics it would make it easier for me to explain. Taking the aluminum off the tube needs to be done with caution. It is very sharp.Then after that is peeled off the underside is very sticky. This part will take time to get off. I used WD-40 and anything I could to help. I even used some nail polish remover. I tried not to scrape too hard. After I was done I used some steel wool to try to polish it and make it look nice. I think it came out very well. I like the sound better too. Good luck and let me know if I can help with anything more. :sweet

aggitator

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
removing the insulation on the cold side of the after cooler would actually decrease your milage and power slighty. its there to keep the air that just went through your after cooler from being warmed back up from the heat from the engine be for it goes in to the intake for a more dense intake air.

JRJ04

Reaction score
ive always been told that insulation was installed on the 99.5 and up because people complained about turbo whine.

PStroked444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
wow I did not know I could make life so difficult.:sorry If anyone wants to know any more about the "Foil Delete" mod just PM me. I did not mean to drag this post on this long. ;tu:dh

playinatwork

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cold side pipe?

Sorry for opening up a can of worms here but now I am intrigued. Wouldn't exposing the pipe to flowing air while the truck is moving lower the inside temp more than an insulated pipe? I would think the temp inside the pipe would be higher than ambient temperature and direct airflow over the pipe would lower the inside temp. :dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14