Most miles on factory brakes and rotors???

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
I have 120K on mine and they are as smooth as the day i bought the truck with over 50% pad left. The truck has towed over 60% of it's life. What say y'all????:dunno

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
mine are still factory and doing well according to the visual check about 2000 miles ago...

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
Seems everywhere you look people are griping about warped rotors at 30-50K miles. I have never had that experience so i just wondered what experience some of y'all were having.................

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
if you are lookin at changing your rotors, go with POWER SLOT slotted rotors.

for a few bucks extra, you can get them cryo-treated. thats what i went with and you can't tell they have ever been used.

the second set of OEM rotors i had put on only lasted around 20k, they were terrible.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
My rotors were warped bad at 35k. Pads were like new. I have the ARTs with their super duper pads now and love them.
Jim

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I have 120K on mine and they are as smooth as the day i bought the truck with over 50% pad left. The truck has towed over 60% of it's life. What say y'all????

I say you either drive like grandpa or you got the trailer brakes turned waaay up!!! On the other hand theres not much to brake for in Montana. j/k Bustin your chops mjstef :D :D :D

182K on the clock..............

Original rotors and calipers front and back.

Original pads in the rear.

One replacement set of pads up front.

FWIW...........every time I have felt warped rotors I rotated tires and retorqued the lugs. Always went away. :dunno

Tbar

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
Tbar said:
I say you either drive like grandpa or you got the trailer brakes turned waaay up!!! On the other hand theres not much to brake for in Montana. j/k Bustin your chops mjstef :D :D :D

FWIW...........every time I have felt warped rotors I rotated tires and retorqued the lugs. Always went away. :dunno

Tbar

So you got what? 150K outa the front pads???

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Tbar said:

Tbar

tbar, doesn't it really all depend on driving habits, if your doin alot of towing, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14