most power for 6.0

clwalker3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i just bought a 2006 6.0 i was wondering what programer or chip has the best power gains or will make my truck the fastest ? im to this please let me know thanks

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give it a few thousand miles to break in right then call Tadd at ATS, his is the highest HP 6.0 in the us right now 600 on #2 and 700 and change on No2.

An SCT tunner is the best product out in my opinion ( everyone has one, some just stink more...LOL)

Your in for a long road, but I know ATS has alot of parts out for the 6.slow:roflmao ... Injectors, turbos, intake, exhaust, No2, Head studs and fire rings...:burnit

Have fun with your build!!!

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fastest or live the longest? Take a look at Gale Banks. I'm satisfied and it puts a huge smile on your face.

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X-Hibition, how does the Banks work with the tranny? Do you have any shifting issues or temp issues? I am also looking at the Banks setup over all the others because the others have negative issues for me.

Thanks
Scott

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott,

I have a .pdf of the installation manual that may answer some of your questions. The TorqShift tranny uses adaptive shift control logic so you will have to go through some steps so it can learn how to deal with the additional power. There have been no issues for me regarding shifting or temperatures. I have had very good luck in the past with deep tranny pans and will be adding one and a remote filter later, but that is because of me, not the tuner.

After a lot of shopping I went with Banks, not because of maximum power, because of the built-in safety features. The Power PDA being a tuner control and gauges was slick, especially since I added TomTom and now have navigation also.

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
SCT all the way if you want gobs of power safely with the trans. I'm going back to the SCT once the my computer comes back from getting repaired and modified. The SCT hands down is better on the trans the the rest cause it takes full control of your trans. and programs it accordingly for the power. Banks is good but oh my god the price is outragous. For what I have spent for the SCT, Suncoast trans rebuild w/ TC and input shaft, and the BullyDog outlook monitor is about the same price for the complete setup from Banks. Bully Dog is good to, the Tripple Dog that is.

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X-Hibition, I would appreciate the pdf file when you find time. I'm not interested in the PDA as I already have guages and I don't have Tom Tom either, all I could afford was Scott Scott :p

As for everyone elses suggestions go, I appreciate it very much. I am not looking for all out power for drag racing but I am needing it for towing. Where exactly does the SCT power come on at in the rpm range and the same question for you X-Hibition on the Banks? I am looking for my power down low.

Thanks
Scott Scott

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott Scott

Send me a PM and I'll send you the .pdf on the Six Gun. The set-up with the Power PDA is still the way to go, even if you do have guages.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58