Motor Guard oil bypass system???

BigBadMarine

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Laying in a wet southeast Texas rice field.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just been reading about it. Sounds like a good filter. I would love to have a better oil filter on my truck. I am thinking about going to Schaeffer's oil, and just change it once a year, and the filter twice a year.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people are raving over the FS2500. I think that is the one I am going to go with. A little pricy but they package everything you need to fit to your year model pickup with pre cut hose lengths to make it a bolt on kit.

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The toilet paper oil filter? I use the Oil Guard myself and am more than satisfied with the kit.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man id love to have one but its hard to justify the cost @ 400ish...thats
about 8 oil changes (driveway) for me just to break even. (not including
the periodic testing cost that id be doing).

and i know some of the systems had to install flow restrictors cause they
where starving the engines of oil (when they 1st came out for the
6.0L)

electryc_monk

Gestalt w/mild chaos
Reaction score
my "hay penny's worth"...

.,..as the value of 2 cents is different these days, right?

OKAY after nearly 2 years of research into oil bypass filtration and CCV filtration I've finally had spare time to install a version of the Motorguard bypass setup on the 7.3L. Two months ago I got the Motorguard installed on the better-half's Jetta (TDI). Have oil samples ready to be sent off to ANA LAb's too. [That is when I get back from a road trip to Michigan- *Family Drama*]

So here are a few pictures of the setup I put on the 99 F350 as of this morning....F-I-N-A-L-L-Y.
For what its wqorth, I have a list of all parts extra I had to purchase and their cost... so I can give ya'll a grocery list for future folks to install.

*** The oil leaking down the engine near the bypass lines is from the HPX-mod that i did simoltaniously. I went to the local folks and had them fab-up a hose for the High PSI crossover... all told it only cost abou $30 after taxes.

pictures will also be below as well.... I had to get a 45 degree modd to the setup due totally to the turbo mouth was in the way! LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58