Motorcraft Diesel Fuel Additives

FordMastertech

Ford Guru
Reaction score
Hot off the presses from Ford a Motorcraft diesel fuel additive.
July 22, 2005

To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers, Parts and Service Managers, and Technicians
Subject: Motorcraft Diesel Fuel Additives Launch

NEW PRODUCT OFFERINGS:

Motorcraft Cetane Booster and Performance Improver
Motorcraft Anti-Gel and Performance Improver
The cost of diesel fuel has risen more than 30% in the past 12 months. For every 10-cent increase in the price of fuel, more than 1,000 small business owners and small fleets go out of business, says RoadSTAR magazine. Enhancing fuel economy has never been more important for diesel fleets, and personal use customers, too.

Currently no federal specifications exist for the Cetane rating of diesel fuel. Ford Power Stroke Diesel engines operate most efficiently using diesel fuel with a Cetane rating of 40 or higher. The use of fuel with a Cetane rating lower than 40 can cause performance and drivability issues (smoke, rough engine idle, power, and mileage) with diesel vehicles.

KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:

Cetane Booster and Performance Improver
Combats the Cetane and lubricity issues of poor diesel fuel
Improves starting
Provides smoother engine operation
Improves fuel economy
Increases power
Anti-Gel and Performance Improver
Provides diesel fuel extreme cold weather protection (gelling of fuel in lines, filters, and tanks)
Combats effects of poor diesel fuel quality
Improves cold starting
Improves fuel economy
Provides smoother engine operation
The economical 20 oz. bottle size treats 125 gallons of fuel, approximately 5 fill ups. Customers add one 4-ounce treatment prior to each fill up, based on label directions.

Motorcraft Diesel Fuel Additive

Cetane Booster & Performance Improver PM-17-A

Anti-Gel & Performance Improver PM-18-A

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up FMT :sweet

Sounds like re-labeled PowerService which I use but I'd be interested in the pricing for sure :cowboy:

Glassdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the first time FMC has actually endosed the use of a fuel additive? :dunno I use Power Service and it does sound exactly what PS claims. Somehow I don't think Motorcraft product could get close to Power Service but it is worth a try. Thanks for the info FMT :thanks :thumbs

Mike

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Glassdude said:
Is this the first time FMC has actually endosed the use of a fuel additive? :dunno I use Power Service and it does sound exactly what PS claims. Somehow I don't think Motorcraft product could get close to Power Service but it is worth a try. Thanks for the info FMT :thanks :thumbs

Mike

I would be willing to bet that the two are the same. Ford likes Power Service and I will bet that they are using it now.

Dav ;) e

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
I would be willing to bet that the two are the same. Ford likes Power Service and I will bet that they are using it now.

Dav ;) e

I've never seen Ford officially mention Power Service, though they have mentioned Stanadyne in their Diesel info video.

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
No one will say whether it is Power Service or Stanadyne. This is the first of several new offerings that FMC is about to release. They are finally going to be offering an Overhaul kit as well as a Turbo Kit for the IDI. These are along time coming and hopefully the first of many "add-ons" to come from Ford. Word is that Motorsports is in the midst of releasing a "chip" or "flash" for a little more power too. We'll see all of these have been discussed for YEARS now and just now getting to a point where there might be some validity to them.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
From an economic point of view, FoMoCo would do well to get in on the performace game, I mean if guys are going to chip trucks, add turbos etc etc... why not be a supplier of those parts? Its a viable market, might as well be in it rather than on the sidelines watching it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58