mounting compressor & horn on 2002

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
definitely go with the 100% duty cycle compressor & 5 gal tank. then just add a air line coupler to the tank or remote mount it. Then you can plug in a 25ft coil air line / hose and air up tires, change flats etc. when your done unplug the line and toss it in the toolbox.... (I've heard that the Jericho compressors aren't very reliable)

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the little firestone compressor on my truck and have air for tires and such. It is great, but I wish that I had a better compressor. It will have to burn up before I buy a new one though. I am too cheap...

95talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright so i got it all mounted and functional... love it.. anyone have any ideas where to mount a small toggle switch and a push button? any pics of where you guys have them? thanks

JJKpowerstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello, nice set up you have there. Also the Leslie S5T I have 3 of them in my collection. On my truck I have the same tank as you but two of them and a Viar 480c And a Nathan/Aichime K5la. Looks great and gets peoples attention. Good Luck.

John

Last edited:

i_timmers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is there a reputable place you guys can recommend to purchase the horns, compressors and hardware from? My wife is gung ho about installing train horns on my truck. She feels(as do I) that this town needs an enema... and the right horns can be just the thing to cause it! Arizona is filled with snowbirds(old people that travel here to vacation during our best time of the year). This just might get through their miracle ears!

Also, my stepdaughters' father and I don't get along. The right horns on my truck, when I pick her up, might put an end to him honking in front of my house!

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I put my compressor (in sig) under the hood where the driver side battery was (relocated battery to pass side). I got my air tank off of an OTR truck (I think it was a KW) in a junk yard and my brother got me the fire engine air horns. My tank is on the outside of the frame rail under the rear passener door with the horns right in front of it. I have QD fittings front, rear, and off the back side of the tank. For controls, I have a 3 guage pod above the rear view mirror: Fuel Pressure, Air Pressure and the third hole is blanked off and has a switch for the compressor power (relayed) and an led for power on and an led for compressor running. Power is on the key (so the compressor does not run the batteries down if you have a leak). I also have my airbag system tied in so I can air up on the fly. One of the best mods you can put on your truck. Go with a continuous duty compressor. I'll try to post up some pics next weekend.

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14