moving the rear seat???

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How deep are the w3s the box I have will fit up to a 5" depth and not move the seat. I read in another thread when I first joined that someone removed the rear seat unbolted the mount from it and fliped it around and gained some room. But I have no idea how it would work I have never had a chance to look and dont know if its right.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
The W3's require 5.75 inches of mounting depth.
I remeber reading something about turning the seat mount
around too, but I have been unable to locate that thread,
or any additional info about it, If anyone knows how to
do it, or has a link, please post it:thanks

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was posted by big rooster in a thread on page three titled sub/subs in extended cab. I found it on the first page.

Ryan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I used 1" square steel to build a frame for the bottom of the seat. Used lots of gussets and had it powder coated. This moved the seat forward 2". Of course I had to remove the folding steel storage platform. I was able to fit all 3 amps under the rear seat with the additional 1" height the square bar made. As far as the box goes...Just took a tape measure and had at it. A carboard template made to the profile was a help. I also cut out the factory molded carpet below the window. This alone gives 2" of depth. A good covering of Dynomat was a great investment. My other two subs are in the center seat. I stole the idea (shamelessly) from JBL. I built the box box with the subs firing outwards towards the doors and then cut out all the springs and foam necessary for the seat to fit over it. It has about 3" of foam and is fairly comfortable. Good Luck

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan -

that sounds pretty impressive...would LOVE to see photos of all that.

slopony

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
you should just get a X its easier that way all sorts of room. i know some people that do this for a living and will get there opinions

Reaction score
Haha dont know about being cheap i paid 525 bucks for 2 12W3V3's. They way to move the seat forward by flipping the bracket only works on the 99-03 super duties

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64