MPG 2009 250 6.4 Crewcab 3.73

caddy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just got back from trip to FL. Purchased a retractable tonneau cover before leaving. Loaded truck with essentials for a family of six. On the way over I averaged 15mpg but I was going 80mph. That is better than the 12mpg I was averaging in city. On the way back I drove the speed limit which averaged about 70mph and my mpg went up to 17:). I have not driven the truck much to see my mpg gains in city driving yet. But this is better mpg average than I was getting with my 01 Tahoe Lt with 20" rims and flowmaster exhaust (15mpg highway). By the way my 250 kingrach also has 20" wheels.

caddy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
10 4 I was getting a little concerned about MPG after reading several post about horrible MPG's on the new 6.4. After my trip, I am no longer worried and expect my MPG to go up after more milage.:D

08SuperDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just gotta clear this up - was this hand calculated or was it what the computer told you? These can be two VERY different readings!!

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
yeah i never got a chance to check when we took a buddy of mines to a quad race in stillwater awhile back and everybody was amazed cuz his truck was saying we were gettin 20-22 mpg on his 08 6.4 funnny thing was it looked like a slot machine it changed so much i called b.s but hey they all love superdutyies now so>>>

caddy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That was hand calculated. :cool:My in dash meter and hand calc are pretty close most of the time within .5mpg or less.:) As I mentioned in my original thread I bought a retractable tonneau cover for the bed before the trip. In town I was averaging 12mpg without cover. I just got back yesterday so after a few weeks I will know what my in town gains will be with the tonneau cover.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14