MPG q's from a new member

CHPMustang

Reaction score
thank you so much ive bookmarked everything and ill be doing the mods i can tonight

with exhaust does the brand matter at all and is 5in to large i like the way it looks is it bad to go that large ?
For exhaust system choice I went with the 4" Magnaflow for it's deep rumble over the MBRP which resonates higher when installed on Excursions so I needed to keep the tones tame for the wife but I'm sure you'd be more than the happy with a 4" MBRP on your truck;tu

For downpipe selection I chose the 3.5" to retain backpressure which can help with low/mid RPM range performance,glad I did.

Stacks in my opinion are aesthetic but do represent a cool factor for sure:D:sweet

JRJ04

Reaction score
so with that being said about the downpipe, what would you say the difference in power band range (in terms of rpms) is between a 3.5 inch vs. 4 inch. How much does the difference in size affect your egt's?

dpantazis

Reaction score
i don;t have any real numbers off hand. maybe someone like bush does. try asking the vendors. i am keeping my exhaust at 3.5 stock until i need to change it. then i might go to 4". :dunno:

JRJ04

Reaction score
so if thats the case, then to get it rolling if you have a 4 inch dp youve gotta get the rpm's up more. would it have been better to stay with the 3.5 inch dp so that you dont have to get it revved up as much which could in turn result in better mileage?

Ratfink

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yea i was looking at one of the exhaust that offer a complete 4in from the turbo back to tell you the truth

and also what about bullydog stuff are there tuners any good?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14