MPG question...

PSD02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 7.3 ( dually w/ 4:10 gears, intake, 4" exhuast, and a bullydog)
figure 12mpg in town ( cant keep my foot out of it,) and 15-16 on the hgwy with the cruise set at 65.

JeepOnRock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dually, 4x4, 6 speed, 4.10 gears, 15.5-16.5... no matter what. Unless I tow. Towing is anywhere from 11 (12,000 pounds of non-aerodynamic Jeeps) to 14 (a bit more aerdynamic Suburban on a lighter trailer).

DigRacer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
With my 01 extended cab, auto, F-250, I get 18.9 mpg with the only mods being a 5" exhaust. When I put my Diablosport tuner on the 60hp setting I see 18mpg. That's combination city/highway.(75+mph)

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
I get 17-18 city and 20-21 Highway

If your friend has a Lariat and is using the overhead monitor to get his mileage, it wont even be close. I could add about 4mpg by using the monitor. I show it to all the Dodge and duramax guys that ride with me though.:sweet

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
Well, I did get 24 MPG once on a trip to FL and back. Weather was raining, and did 60-65 the entire time. Taking it easy on the highway can help you out. That was the highest and only time I got that. The closest I have seen to that since was 22. The dual regulated bypass mod I got from DI seemed to really help alot!
Other then that I think the guy is a little on the bs side esepcially with that size tire. When I went with 35"s I dropped 3 mpg. Now way, but a good story if you like fish tales!

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 22mpg hwy (on setting 2) at it's best so far and that was towing 2000 lbs of eqipment and doing 110 kmh (65mph). And I also got that empty (on setting 3) driving empty and racing a hemi through Duluth MN:tounge . Around town it is usally about 17-19 mpg. And most of the time I am usually pretty hard on the fuel ( I love to hear that turbo spool, it's like my drug of choice).:sly

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Wingdog are you calculating by hand or reading the overhead readout for your mileage? Your Superchips tuner will throw the overhead readout way off. 22 sounds very high for towing.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wingdog are you calculating by hand or reading the overhead readout for your mileage? Your Superchips tuner will throw the overhead readout way off. 22 sounds very high for towing.

I don't have an overhead. I have a mileage calcualtor I got with a " fuel mileage enhancer" called Platinum Vapour Injection when I had my gas chevy, so I am using that to calcualate, but I'm not sure if it is in U.S. gallons or Imp. gallons. It doesn't say I'll try and find out.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I found out it is in Imp gallons so the mileage I got was about 90 L (19.80 Gal IMP or 23.78 gal U.S.) to 675 km (418 mi). So that would be about 21 mpg IMP or about 17.5 mpg U.S. Does that sound any better. I still like the calculations in IMP much better tho.:D LOL But the time in Duluth I got 22 mpg was prolly closer to 19-20 cause I would have rounded the fill up to 4L per U.S.gal cause I did fill up in the states.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58