MPG test

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
24 Miles to the gallon open highway, well 23.4 but I like to be optomistic, headed south to FL earlier this year, I wasn't driving like a granny, though I wasn't driving like a teenager either. I only put in the dual bypass fuel regulator just weeks before. I think I need to do the CCV mod to clean out my Intercooler. Pretty nasty I suppose. I drove 750 miles on 32 gallons, pretty good by my standards.

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
rsjohnsn said:
I get 15 on the interstate at 70mph and 13 in town. I would love to see an improvement in mine. I have a buddy with a '95 model diesel dually and 4.10 gears that see's 17-18 on the highway and 15 in town.

Scott

how many miles do you have on it? might not be broken in yet

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just passed 50k! I don't know why but everytime I pass 50k on any vehicle I get depressed about it. I guess I have driven gas for to long.

Scott

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think a diesel is broken in until it's got at least 100,000 miles on it. Mine hit 92,000 yesterday, it's a 2002 (purchased August 2002). Made a day trip (600 miles round trip) to Louisiana and back, taking my mom home after being with us for Christmas. Got 20.25 mpg. Tried to stay around 65 mph and 1800 rpm, but I-20 had some crazy drivers (as it usually does) causing me to slow to 60 sometimes.

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SDEric said:
24 Miles to the gallon open highway, well 23.4 but I like to be optomistic, headed south to FL earlier this year, I wasn't driving like a granny, though I wasn't driving like a teenager either. I only put in the dual bypass fuel regulator just weeks before. I think I need to do the CCV mod to clean out my Intercooler. Pretty nasty I suppose. I drove 750 miles on 32 gallons, pretty good by my standards.

Sounds like there is hope for me yet! I have the same truck with similar lift and I am getting 12.1 mixed (more city.) I will have to look into copying your mods :sweet

Bart

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
mpg

I've finally burned a full tank in my X. The mods do help if you can stop eating rice rockets for lunch. I have pulled 20.9 in town and rural mix. I think ther is some more left. I need to figure out how to over ryde o/d so it can be energized earlyer.

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great MPG's!!!

Well, I got off to a late start. Left yesterday from Andrews, TX over the backroads and the Guadalupe Pass to El Paso. From there we continued to the NM Arizona border. Get this 25.6 mpg!! Granted I was following a giant box that moved most of the air and we averaged about 60 mph. I have some pictures of the overhead, so I can actually prove it. This morning, I woke up and the overhead read 973 miles until empty! We are now in Phoenix and will continue to LA tomorrow. With the level ground, I'm gonna try and hit 26 or more MPG. I will get all of my pictures, including the pics of the numbers, the load and some of the beautiful scenery, onto a webshots page when I get home. Adios!!

P.S. 717 miles and almost 1/3 of a tank left!!

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
I get 14-15 in the city, driving 10 miles then shut it down. Before my 4" SS Exh. I was getting 17.5 @ 70, 18-19 @ 65. I hope that the hi-way mpg's improve with the exhasut.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14