Mud flaps

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good source for mud flaps? When we brought our 5er home, it was in the rain and I see that I need some good quality mud flaps, that fit our truck.
Thanks

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
hey max, if you dont want the type that attach at the wheel well, there are some mudflaps out there that are mad onto a hitch receiver.

so you can take them off when your bobtailin and then put them back on when your pullin the trailer.

i'll see if i can find some links for ya. :thumbs

EDIT: Something like THIS

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bama;

I am open to any type that will do the job. I just want to keep the trailer clean and rock chip free.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Just go to a heavy truck shop and pick up some of the hard plastic ones and cut them to fit, the hard plastic one don't sail like the rubber ones. I bolted some small channel iron to the sides of the receiver hitch and hung the flaps from there. Here is a picture:

Truck-n-boat006.jpg

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go to a heavy truck shop and pick up some of the hard plastic ones and cut them to fit, the hard plastic one don't sail like the rubber ones. I bolted some small channel iron to the sides of the receiver hitch and hung the flaps from there. Here is a picture:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/Crumm99708/Truck-n-boat006.jp
g

Thanks Crumm;

Your flaps look heavy duty and very well made. I'll look around today.

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Huskey molded mud flaps on my dually they also make them for single wheel apps. These are very well made come with all the hardware and clear 3m tape to put over the clear coat so when junk gets inbetween it doesn't damage the paint. They are injection molded abs plastic and the texture also matches the rest on the fords. ex. door handles and bed rail covers.

Here's a photo of mine from the rear. I have them installed on the front and rear

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The DIRT SKIRT is a device that functions like a mud flap. It is mounted to the shank of your ball mount and can be easilly removed as needed. It can be ordered thru most RV dealers parts departments.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like there are many types of mud flaps.
I like Crumm's and Strokers flaps. Both look great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14