Muffler Delete Or No on the 7.3

Reaction score
How many of you guys are running a muffler delete? Like it, don't like it? I'm just curious. I Installed a 4" Silverline this weekend, with the muffler delete (the black chrome tip looks sweet!:thumbs ) and I'm getting used the the new sound. It's definitely "flutterly", but I just need more time to decide if I like it or not.
If not, what options are there for aftermarket mufflers?:thanks

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
if you need a muffler i will trade you a piece of 4" pipe for my mbrp muffler

my 7.3 sounded very nice with no muffler.

the 6.0 seems a bit tame with her muffler on :sly

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
I have the Borla 4 inch system, Theres not much to the muffler (small) and you can see right though it.. I once removed the muffler and drove around to check it out.. a week later I put it back on, it was way to loud, and airy.. I put the muffler (again see right though it, 4 inches) back on and I like the sound much better with it on.. It rumbles

dpantazis

Reaction score
nape- you are kitty litter free right? that along makes a big difference.

from inside the cab, i could not tell the difference between walker BTM muffler and no muffler. its a straight through muffler. they come in 3.5", 4", and 5" ID. source them from napa. they are cheap, like $65. why not?

dp

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my truck I had the muffler on for one week and then cut it off. Liked the sound it made when warming up in the cold weather. Sounded like a 747. Liked the sound w/out better than w/. But now have MBRP 6" stacks with nothing but 4" pipe from the turbo back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14