muffler removal

04guy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey guys

I have a silverline 4in turbo back system on my truck as of right now and when i got the system i got a muffler delete pipe with it. I really wont to take the muffler off and put the delete pipe on but i wont to know if it will harm my turbo by have a straight pipe on the truck.

thanks for your help

MARK

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Go for it, many on here run straight pipes, it will NOT harm your turbo at all, and might help it to spool a little faster.

That, and it will sound GREAT!!!

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys

I have a silverline 4in turbo back system on my truck as of right now and when i got the system i got a muffler delete pipe with it. I really wont to take the muffler off and put the delete pipe on but i wont to know if it will harm my turbo by have a straight pipe on the truck.

thanks for your help

MARK

itll be fine and should help it spool up better...... If I were you id go ahead and remove the cat also:sweet

04guy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
perfect ya when i bought the system a took the cat off already but i really apreciate the feedback guys

thanks
mark

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
....toss the muffler! If you want a good laugh take your snips and cut the thing open. Big empty can.

I saw a sweet set up yesterday. This fella took an 8" slant cut stack and mounted it UNDER the truck (horizontally) so that it dumped out just infront of the rear tire. I never thought of it being used that way. It looks awesome. It went from the x-fer case crossmember clear to the tire, so it was big but the tone that it gave to the exhaust was, well, DEEP. I'll get some pics.:stir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14