Multi-position chips

DezlWezl

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
You know, after I posted, and looked at it a couple of times i thought that what you may have meant.
What kind of tranny upgrades do you suggest?

Definitely the Sonnax/Tricumulator kit at a minimum. A new T/C would be helpful. A "built" tranny from Brian's Truck Shop, MonsterBox or the like on the other end. A good rebuilder can at least upgrade the clutches, steels and such with better parts, but it'll cost ya. I know, I just had to do it. If you have the money, get the tranny from Brian and don't ever think about it again.

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say anything about BTS... I have never been in a truck with with one....

But my BIL just had to replace his and needed a new tranny right away... He went with a Suncoast, with the billet triple disk TC... We'll see how it holds up but as of right now, Its one nice tranny.

Very tight, crisp, clean shifts.. Very nice setup... It's just another option...

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
1) What is the purpose of having the STOCK setting on a multi positon chip?

2) I'm probably getting a 4 pos. What do you think my settings should be?
Keeping in mind I will have gauges. And I dont tow anything. Just looking to be a big kid on the block. 120 is about as hi as I want to go.

Thanks.
Jamie
One reason alot of guys have them is for when someone else might be driving the truck.

Another good one is to show stock vs power, really makes em shake their heads

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
Blue Mule,
1) Stock - High Idle in one setting I didnt know that was possible. Could you explain how that works.

3) Why tow for traffic?

Please bar with me, This is all pretty new to me.
Thanks.
Jamie

The high idle position is merely a stock program with the idle increased. Hence stock/high idle, you can drive the truck with no problems in this position it just tends to pull you through a stop, but once your over the set rpm, its just like driving a stock truck

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
twildman said:
The high idle position is merely a stock program with the idle increased. Hence stock/high idle, you can drive the truck with no problems in this position it just tends to pull you through a stop, but once your over the set rpm, its just like driving a stock truck

Is it possible to make it so it only idles up when out of gear?

LCPThrill

PowerStroker
Reaction score
I have a TS 6-position and can't say anything bad about it, but I have not tried any others. I have:
1.Anti-theft
2.High idle
3.Valet
4.50 hp
5.75 hp
6.140 hp
I like the anti theft because I park in some not so nice areas so I feel a little better. But I need to get one of those security systems James Bond has, You know, Electrified door handels and tear gas. LOL!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg