multiple transmissions?

foxman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Try looking for the Spicer 3sp auxillary trans. I have one behind a 4 sp which gives a total of 12 forward gears. This trans is under-drive in 1st, direct drive in 2nd, and over drive in 3rd. Put aux in 1st--- go through the 4gears in main box : shift to 2nd on aux and go back to 1 thru 4 in main ; shift to 3rd on aux and go back to 1 thru 4 on main. This is a separate trans with a short driveshaft between the two. I also have two shift levers in the cab. You can also put the main in rev and go 1 2 3 on the aux to give you three speeds in reverse. Maybe this will help ! !
Foxman

foxman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Re: Multiple transmission
This ste up is holding up very well. It is in a 77 F350 very modded V8 with a new process 4sp and a 16" driveshaft leading into front of the Spicer 3sp Brownie box. This is not in my OBS Powerstroke. My OBS is auto and I don't know how that will work. A member -RSDSL _ on TDS has the same Brownie behind a 5sp behind a 7.3 and is extremely happy with it. Says its better than "sliced bread" If I ever change to a 5sp I can promise you it will be there to give me the 15 forwards.
It has held up for 22 years altho now its just the farm truck. Gives many different ratio's from 5.44 to 3.61 all available from the drivers seat by moving the shifter. Just an absolute devine pleasure to drive.
Foxman

foxman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Redrider:
Can you imagine shifting from a 4.04 rear end to a 3.89 at 50 mph , then at 65 shift to a 3.72, then at 80 go ahead and go to the 3.61. And from there go on past the 100mph if you want while keeping your RPM below 2400. Mine is the under - direct - over but there is another version that is under - direct - over - 2nd over. These 3 and 4 sp aux are real common in Northern Cal and Ore. You should be able to find either out your way. I have never driven the double over but I can believe the fun it would be.
Foxman

acende

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My Dad has a gear vendor in his Dodge Truck. It's still going strong after 14 years. I've always enjoyed driving it's nice to double your gears. You can move the unit from one truck to another. It's an electronic unit they do need to cut your drive shaft to install.

redrider14

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
that would be so nice all i want to be able to do is go over 75 and be under 2000 rpm
my only question is that i have an auto form what it sounds like your saying that this only works for manual transmissions.... i tried to look up the spicer but couldnt find much i just need to spend more time i was in a rush at the time.

acende

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No, they work on automatics. Go to gearvendors web site and they have all sorts of information. My truck is 4X4 and I'm to cheap to drop the necessary cash needed for the kit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58