My dash is sticky!?!

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just got back from a two month underway to San Diego. Not a bad place and saw a rediculous amount of PSDs. Don't remember if that many was normal because I've been out in Hawaii for way too long.

Anyway, my truck sat for the entire time and I come back to find that the top of the dash all the way to the windshield is sticky? :confused: Could that be some cleaning stuff that was put on there or some kind of factory coating that has started to go bad? I would like to get some input before I go to town on it with some cleaning stuff and then really mess it up instead of just removing some sticky stuff.

Other than that and the dirt on it, it runs just fine. Took about nine or ten seconds to fire but runs like I drove it yesterday.

One more thing, I got an email from a friend that had the Ford logo with the caption, "well at least they cricled the problem" on it.-mad So if anyone has any good ones for chevys please hook me up.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i think the dash gives off fumes somehow (just something i heard, dont now if its true or not), and thats what makes the windshield have that filmy look to it.

i would use a mild soap and water, something like joy. that should take care of it. just my :2c

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bling821 said:
One more thing, I got an email from a friend that had the Ford logo with the caption, "well at least they cricled the problem" on it.-mad So if anyone has any good ones for chevys please hook me up.

Ford---------------Powered by International

Dodge-------------Powered by Cummins

Chevy-------------Powered by Isuzu :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
i think the dash gives off fumes somehow (just something i heard, dont now if its true or not), and thats what makes the windshield have that filmy look to it.

i would use a mild soap and water, something like joy. that should take care of it. just my :2c

I would not use Joy on it. I do this professionally. There are a lot of different things that can be used. Personally, what I would use that would be readily available is a car wash soap from an auto store. The Joy is designed to be a strong alkali solvent. It will (especially over time) totally dry out your dash. A car wash soap is designed to not have the solvent properties, so it will not be as quick to dry out your dash. Whatever you use, make sure that you put a protectant such as Armor All on it right away. It will definitely help especially in intense sun areas.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:

I would not use Joy on it. I do this professionally. There are a lot of different things that can be used. Personally, what I would use that would be readily available is a car wash soap from an auto store. The Joy is designed to be a strong alkali solvent. It will (especially over time) totally dry out your dash. A car wash soap is designed to not have the solvent properties, so it will not be as quick to dry out your dash. Whatever you use, make sure that you put a protectant such as Armor All on it right away. It will definitely help especially in intense sun areas.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Scooter said:

some good info scooter, didn't know that about joy, guess i'll just use it to keep my hands lookin beautiful and young. :roflmao :roflmao

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'll be giving it a good washing in the morning. There is alot of dust on it. I figure I'll pick up some of those Armor All wipes for the dash and try to get the sticky off with that. Hope they don't rip apart.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
It only makes me wonder what was going on inside your truck while you were gone. My imagination is working overtime!:roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58