My Engine stalls at startup

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
that means the reservoir is also pressurized because the line is now leaking?

Edit

The oil reservoir is higher level then the HPOP and you mean the reservoir empties, and the starter has to turn enough to fill it before pump fully keeps 500PSI.

My truck does kick momentarly and then needs the starer to keep turning, it might do that a few times. To me the pump spurts around over and under 500PSI. I have a Code reader arriving tomorrow by mail and it should indicate the oil pressure reading from the ICP sensor. will post my findings. I hope its not something simple like a filter cover leak or something.

Last edited:

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I put a code reader on the truck and it don't have any stored codes. I start it, and it takes pushing the TPS to make it go. While in the yard I push the TPS and rev it to 2600RPM and let go the accelarator, bang it stalls. Then I take my truck down the road for a drive. It works great, but I have to keep on the trottle because I never know when it will stall in traffic. This is realy teasing me. Feels like an air leak in the fuel line, Could it be my bottom filter sucking air. I think I will do a filter change. Or should I take it to the dealer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14