My experience so far...

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a querry about the SCT which may or may not interest others...as follows
besides the fact I tend to be a bit lazy at times...it being late (or early for some) and my day has been too long..plz forgive the chop n paste

jestersv said:
what do you think of your van tuner and have you recieved you sct yet trying to decide which way to go. thanks steve

I like the VA pretty much...better experience than I had with Edge..much smoother...better performance and a small fuel economy boost.
I have just installed the SCT and so far it seems real good. Certainly an easy install for most anyone I would think. Currently running on the lowest setting I got.."tow-power" ..pretty good power increase..I like the firmer shifts and the converter-lockup in 3rd. Plus a most definate improvement in economy..very important to me as my run=800+ miles 6 days a week. I tried the "high-power" setting for an hour or so, lol. It would sure peel the rubber from the moccassins real quick ifn a fella wanted. As I have 2 other drivers on this truck besides myself, I left it on the lower setting. Have only had it on 3 trips (use my 04 as much as possible) and will report more on it later.
I found Tadd at Elite-Diesel good to deal with so far although they are some more pricey than one of the sponsors of this forum.
From the 3 different breeds I have used, I would suggest I like the SCT the better even tho my experience has been some limited to date.. I will try to keep everyone up to date with anything else that may come up

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14