rant my Exxon Valdez

dpantazis

Reaction score
I don;t understand what is is, but EVERY time i change oil its a freaking hazmat disaster in my driveway.

its a gorgeous sunny day, NO wind to speak of. i should be fishing right now instead...salmon are schooled and being caught.

i have 2 drain pans- one open top rubbermade one, one funnel top blitz one. both are 5 gallon capacity. both are EMPTY.

put 6" vinyl hose on the fumoto spout. i put one empty 1 gallon jug under the fumoto, pop the hose in the mouth, open it up, drain about a gallon out. close valve. let it sit for a few, catch the last few drips.

put the two drain pans side by side. blitz slightly off center of the fumoto. open the fumoto, pan oil streams in the blitz nicely.

take a chipping hammer, smack the filter with the pointy end, pop a hole in it, drain the filter. the open top rubbermade under the filter.

look back, both streams are nicely draining. i crawl out, wipe my hands, go do something.

i come back and there is oil all over the place. neither drain pan is anywhere near full. the oil is tight to the edges of the drain pans. the sides are oil wet. neither if them is full. its like they overflowed and ran over the sides. all the way around. neither is any where near full.

no critter tracks anywhere. NO wind. WTF! so i am off to get more kitty litter.

is there some sort of gremlin that messes with the oil when you change it?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there some sort of gremlin that messes with the oil when you change it?

Yes there is, but I have neve been able to catch the little sucker.:lmao:lmao
Doug:sorry

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Did you break
fart.gif
wind just before you crawled out from under the truck, which
caused a freak wind storm to blow the oil streams off of their alignment?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I use a 5 gal container, that used to hold veg oil, and slide it under my Fumoto valve and open it. Never spills a drip. Change the filter while the oil is draining. Close the valve and re-fill. I just did mine today in about 4 minutes with no spills.

Dave :thumbs

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I bat about .500 on my oil changes........either nice and neat or HOLY CRAP what have I done.....!!! :eek::D

LOL

Tbar

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I hang out down there, and watch for him, the gremlin is not there. But I know he exists...the stains in my garage and on my drive are proof.:eek:

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
I go across the street, that way if there is a spill, it's not in my driveway :)

j/k

I'm going to change my oil for the first time (for this truck) myself this weekend. have to drain my 2 oil catchers first...just got done doing the camper and bikes

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i used to use a five gallon paint pail with the top 2" cut off, fits perfect and no spills

that will teach you to walk away.:sly:sly:sly

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Your dino oil was made from Pterosaurs (pronounced TER-o-SAWRS; Flying, non-avian prehistoric reptiles). No wonder it flies away. :lmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg