Question My F 250 stalled

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
throttle position sensor is the potentiometer(variable resister) that is on the throttle peddle. the resisitance changes when you push the peddle to give you your throttle. as far as what pins to check and what the resistance should be, im not sure. i hope some one else can chime in
Thanks Mate , it was covered in dust and gave it a clean , the peddle feels good now but it still stalling when it wants too, again thanks

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still think'n Fuel Pressure.

Maybe check the O rings in the FPR ?

My 7.3 did what you describe.. Good static fuel pressure.. but under throttle demands.. it would stumble or die.. R&R'd the FPR O rings (a kit from Ford) fixed it..

(the black one on the sleeve had loose piece that would roll during movement)

Joe

G'day Big Joe and thanks for your input as well , I have a fuel pressure gauge on my Regulated Return Fuel System was running about 72psi have drop it back to 65 psi with no change i all so run a FASS as well , i did think it was fuel or air in fuel or air in HPOP, Because it is at it worst when standing still at the bottom of a small or large hill , and when you take off it stalls almost . I am thinking that my not so old IPR is on its way out. Again thanks

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
let me see if I can log onto the shops Identifix account from here, and I'll put up a wiring diagram..
might not be a bad idea to give me the VIN # in the windshield..

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
P0269 & P0284 are both injector codes.. contribution faults, to be exact.. I doubt it's *THE* problem, although it points to potentially *A* problem..

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok have a go at this one guys. last weekend the stalling things was bad , it tryed to stall 5 to 6 times , i then put 1 litre of Lucas Heavy Duty oil stabilizer in it and its been good all week ?????? oil has only done about 10000 Klms.
Any ideas guys

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Change it! I had a surge problem I fixed with an oil change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58