Announcement My first ever oil change is a success

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Did my first ever oil change yesterday. Everything went smooth with no glitches. Gonna give a shout out to red 6.0 (Dan) for giving me some pointers over the Nextel before I got started.

I was amazed at just how easy it was. I guess I had just always thought it to be more complicated than it actually was.

So I drained the oil out, then changed the oil filter. Installed the new Fumoto valve and drained the fuel bowl of any water. The upgraded HFCM Water Separator Drain Plug made that real easy.

I must say doing it myself gave me a great feeling, wish I had been doing it all along.

So here is a run down of what it cost me for my first oil change.

(3) 5qrt. jugs off FoMoCo 15W/40 PowerStroke Diesel oil bought at Wally World.
9.97 X 3 = 29.21
FoMoCo FL-2016 oil filter bought at Wally World.
Total including tax = 51.70

Supplies/tools I had to buy.

Small funnel = .50
S&K 36mm socket = 4.00 (bought it at a local overstock store)
5 gallon bucket = 4.96 (oil collection)

The feeling that I did it myself and saved about 30.00 = PRICELESS.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
This week, I get to change the filters in both the pickup and the van. New oil and fuel filters in each. The van has a load of water in the fuel that I have yet to get completely out. That makes for some interesting times when I hit the go pedal and the engine just goes "What? You want me to go? Let me puke out this water first!":eek:

Congrats, Stephen! Now for your next assignment, build a dog grooming van out of salvage parts without a set of plans... that will put hair on your chest!:)

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
Try cutting an empty plastic quart of oil bottle to your comfort level , plop it upside down in yer fill , and pour yer hart out.:sweet.......walla ...free funnel:clap:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14