photos My Hero

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Tell us about your folks!

Bama, what a great thread!

It's remarkable how good some people look in their advanced years, and your dad after a battle with cancer...WOW! I hope I look as good as your dad if God blesses me to live to that age! :fogey

Stephen, I don't know much about you, outside of what I have read. But you impress me as being a dedicated family man of strong faith and great character. I tell you that as an honor to your parents. I am a staunch believer that the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree!

May God continue to bless "Mr. Bama"!

My folks are in their late 60's now, slowing down, and showing their age. I appreciate them more now, than at anytime in my life, and at a time when they can do the least for me! My mom has ben a home-maker for most of her life. My Dad had his own retail business until he retired a few years ago. They purchased a 125 year-old Queen Ann Victorian home (example), that needed a lot of work, and have been restoring it for the past 3 years. It is their dream home! They have worked very hard all of their lives, and deserve every moment of happiness!

Thanks again for the great thread Stephen!
~Ken

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for allowing me to share my Dad.

Ken, believe it or not, my Dad will be 75 next February. He would still hit the road today if not for the battle with cancer he went thru.

I also appreciate the kind words that everyone expressed.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Bama, he's lookin great for his age, especially for all he went through!! Hope ya got him around for a while yet. Maybe you'll show him a thing or two. :thumbs:

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stephan, thanks for sharing your Dad. My Dad went through Chemo, radiation, and surgery this Spring for esophagial cancer. I thought we were going to loose him for a while. He had some compliocations after the surgery. He had fluid in both his lunges, and was onlysupposed to be in the hospital for 10 to 14 days. His stay was over 1 month. He is doing lots better now. Keith

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Keith, glad to hear your dad is on the mend. Cancer is a nasty disease and is an uphill battle all the way.

For those of you that dont or havent.... next time the American Cancer Society calls go ahead and donate. I am a religious donor and have run some campaigns in my local neighborhood as well as sponsoring numerous folks in the Relay for Life and Ride for the Cure events. For those of you that do already donate, bless you!

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear Stephen. My dad found out he had skin cancer earlier this year. Crazy ol' man never wears a shirt:rolleyes: I know most skin cancers are not serious but I've lost a lot of kin people to different kinds of cancer, and I know where it goes. I hate to think what it would be like without him....Nobody to call to come get my @ss out of jam (alot of getting stuck in mud holes and messing stuff up when I was younger). I remember one time he drove about 50 miles at 12am to wade in waste deep water, to pull my truck out of a mudhole and there was snow on the ground. He wasnt the first bit mad. He actually thought it was funny. Oh yeah the only reason he hooked the chain was because me and a buddy were still out walking, thinking we were going to meet him on the road but instead he got by us and did it all himself....MEMORIES. Spend as much time as you can with him!!!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Stephan, thanks for sharing your Dad. My Dad went through Chemo, radiation, and surgery this Spring for esophagial cancer. I thought we were going to loose him for a while. He had some compliocations after the surgery. He had fluid in both his lunges, and was onlysupposed to be in the hospital for 10 to 14 days. His stay was over 1 month. He is doing lots better now. Keith

and you tell YOUR Dad we're pullin' for him, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58