my intro & a Q bout diesels & duallys

arrowstrap

BioMechanic
Reaction score
hello all. i've been monitoring the site for a few weeks now but i am still new so here is my introduction.

i have been drooling over a 350 CC 4x4 diesel for many moons. finally, after many 7 day work weeks i was able to purchase one! i love my truck but so does my wife and so i have to let her drive it sometimes as well. i think she wakes up in the middle of the night while i'm sleeping and takes it cruising. :eek:

I'm glad to have found this site as it has already answered a lot of my question! thanks for the help.

i do have a few questions i still ponder though...

if i run my tank dry will i have to prime it such as bleeding the injectors on a bobcat or equipment diesel engine?

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome arrowstrap, glad you joined up with the gang here at SDD.

To answer your first question. No, you dont have to prime the injectors as the fuel pump will eventually purge the air out of the system. However while its purging the air out of the system remember that the HPO system is hammering 2500 PSI of oil on the top sides of those empty injectors so it can and will cause injector damage to use a "run till dry" operational plan.

As far as lowering a dually? Why do some folks like white trucks? Cuz they can. Same goes for lowering a dually.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome arrowstrap. Don't run out of fuel, it is now good on the injectors as you already know.

Dave

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
hey welcome fellow dually guy
yep you can lower it, easy with airride or a simliar set up and still retain load capacity

as for running out of fuel..... see above posts

glad you found us, we strive mostly to be the best place for fun and no bull plus lots of INFORMATION

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
where did he ask about lowering a dually???? did i miss something... can someone quote him for me....
i thught it was just me, but hey i am older I think maybe well i am told that

Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
where did he ask about lowering a dually???? did i miss something... can someone quote him for me....

He edited his original post, but it was there! ;)

Welcome, Arrowstrap! You've found a great site for asking and answering questions about your truck.:thumbs

John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14