My last post- F350 6.4 at 144,000 miles

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently sold my truck and this will be my last post.

2008 F350 dually, automatic, 4.10 rear end LSD. Crew cab
The truck had 144,000 miles on it.

I had it since summer of 2008. Truck never broke down. I changed the oil every 10K miles and fuel filters every 10K miles. Changed air filter at 80K miles. For the most part, the truck was trouble free.

I had to replace the upper radiator hose around 120K miles. And last month the radiator started leaking at the lower driver side.

At 135000 miles the check engine light came on for a P0088 code. I did not repair this and drove the truck until it was sold last week.

I had yet to have problems with the DPF clogging up. I was told to expect this to fail around 125K miles, but I think the way I drove the truck (long highway trips) prolonged the life of the DPF. But I'm just guessing.

Tranny was not acting up at all. I flushed tranny fluid at 60, and 90K miles. Had yet to do it at 120. I decided to not flush at 120K miles because the fluid was very clean looking at 90K. I think 60K intervals is fine, but I did not pull trailers.

My rear dual tires still had plenty miles left at 144K miles!! I could not believe how much life I got out of them. Never rotated. The fronts lasted to 100K miles. My new set of fronts were still new looking. (BFG Rugged T/A LT245/75-17)

Yeah, I was pleased with the truck. I doubt I ever buy another big truck, but I will never criticize the Super Duty. It did it's job, never left me stranded in the middle of nowhere, and gave good fuel mileage. On the road I rarely drove over 65 in order to keep revs at or just under 2000 rpm. I was able to easily get 17-19 mpg on the highway- consistently.

If you guys take care of your SD, I'm pretty you'll have the same results as I, but you'll likely see many more years, unlike me. I did all those miles in under two years!

Have fun! This was a superb forum.

David
Slidell LA

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to add-- a typical day for the 350 was to drive about 300 miles a day - sometimes much more, sometimes less. Typically picking up a load of about 1000 to 2000 pounds. On occasion maybe 3000 pounds and a few times much less than 1000.

So it worked pretty good, and only saw the dealer for a few oil changes and tranny flushes. I did most of the maintenance. It also went to the shop for a recall (reflash). That was it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14