My Latest Blackstone

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Looks like the full new set of Injector O-rings that was installed last November did the trick on the fuel in oil readings but now I have to eyeball the lead numbers:rolleyes:

Anyone else show lead level spikes but then dropped in subsequent tests? We only have 63,000 miles on the engine I really don't think the bearings should start having issues already:dunno

Blackstone Labs

LA350

Diesel Newbie
Reaction score
The Pb could be due to the fuel contamination thinning your viscosity and putting some stress on the bearing(s) causing a small spike of Pb increase. But one needs to remeber too that bearings contain more than just Pb. Sn, Cu, are also in the make up of bearings as well as Zn sometimes (although Zn increase will be masked by the Zn additives).

Cu can also be attributed to the residual fuel left from the leaking injector.

This is what I would concern myself with when looking for bearing wear. I would look for an increase in Cu, Pb, (possibly Sn and Fe too) all rising together. Depending on the make-up of the bearing/race there may be some hardend metal alloy as well although they are not trackable on Blackstone's report. But Pb, Cu, & Sn are the main contributors, with small amounts of Ag tossed in as a sacrificial metal on new builds (and sometimes Cu & Pb too) .

My take would be to continue watching your Pb as the reort suggested. It should fall as will the Cu levels. I would not be overly alarmed by these readings. I would most certainly keep an eye on them, but they should fall by the next o/c.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58