My little buddy took

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a bite from Cottonmouth that was trying to get the wife sunday. Dexter took the hit to the face. Had to carry him two miles to the truck. Got him to the vet and they shot him up with antivenin. What PO-ed me the most was there was no signage about the high count of cottonmouths they were having. If I had known we would have gone somewhere other then there. Crap there were kids on the trails too. Hell by time I had gotten to the truck I had moved 3 more snakes off the trail. But that said I got my buddy back yesterday and he's in great shape. just a little mark were the snake got him. The vet said about 30 mins. after giving him the antivenin his blood clotting was in a safe zone. But crap his face was swollen.

Now that he has been biten, does this mean if he get bitten again that they would have to give him antivenin again? This stuf is a $1000.00 per vial.

View attachment 12950

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave
I cant fix it. It's PDS site problem.
I'm looking at three post and there all stack on top of one post.

Last edited:

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the perks of living in MN I guess, no poisinous animals to drop in on you unexpectedly. I am glad your pup is OK.

JRNOLL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that your pal is Ok. We have had three rattlers on our plant site in the last three days. No one bit but everyone warned to watch out .

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
One of the perks of living in MN I guess, no poisinous animals to drop in on you unexpectedly. I am glad your pup is OK.

Sorry to burst your bubble Krist but down here in the southern part of MN we do have rattlers. Gotta go to far southwest or southeastern. Have seen them while trout fishing in SE MN. Glad your dog is ok Dogman.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58