Question my modified sb intake

ferdtucks

sean
Reaction score
i decided to use the zoodad mod a little better and make it a DIY cold air LOL i just connected from the zoodad and tapped into the sb intake and added a scoop for the air behind the grill. the duct tape is just for a good seal the tube is actualy inside. my question is

1. is this usefull? and 2. the sb intake comes with a clear cover for the top of the intake box i was told to take if off so it can get as much air as possible but would it benifit me to put it back on since i kinda have a cold air effect?

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I would put the cover on with your set up. It should keep the cooler air in and the warmer air out I would think.

ferdtucks

sean
Reaction score
ok thanks guys i had been running with it off for a good while thinking it was better

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
s&b cold air intake mod.

i have the same set on my 01 f-350 and i was wondering if this helped any and if so, what was the results. thanks!!!

ferdtucks

sean
Reaction score
i think i noticed a little better spool up at higher speeds like 40mph up i also did the ccv mod that may have added to that.... did you?

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ccv

nope, haven't done that yet , just the 203 stat., boost fooler, and the hp crossover and the 4 in. ext. from the turbo to the end along with the s&b cold air kit. keep me posted and let me know hows things turn out.thanks for:tounge the come back!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58