MY NEW BIKE....

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i have this disease that doesnt allow me to leave well enough alone. its becoming a huge problem.

that beaing said, my new bike is going to be a bobber. i already chopped the rear springs down 2", threw out a barrel full of plastic BS parts, have harley sportser pipes coming, as well as pod filters, and drag bars. keeping my eyes open for a good rear fender, and a diamond shaped tank. i want to sag the forks down 2" as well, so i need to make risers for the drag bars.

i want to model it somewhat after the lovely bike pictured below, although it wont be a rigid with straight pipes, and i would sag the tank down more on the backbone.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damm i was gonna say whats up w/ the TAX disk on
the front...now i see thats just your "build to" model.

you gonna make it a "hard tail" ???
where you gonna ride it to if its got no rear suspension ?

btw i like the "lack of chrome" model.

id say chop the front end LESS (so it handles).

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
ok bush....you need to teach the 4 wheel/sled rider the ins and outs of fork geometry vs. handling. if i leave the forks high, with the rear down 2", how will that change things?

definatly going with the lack of chrome. i need to get it on the road, so it will be ugly seca trim for this summer, with crappy looking aluminum engine.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok bush....you need to teach the 4 wheel/sled rider the ins and outs of fork geometry vs. handling. if i leave the forks high, with the rear down 2", how will that change things?

definatly going with the lack of chrome. i need to get it on the road, so it will be ugly seca trim for this summer, with crappy looking aluminum engine.

you wanna keep the bike as low and SHORT as possible for quicker
turn in, lighter steering and better handling....shorten the forks up on that
"example"....

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lots of guys make their rear fender out of trailer fenders. cheap and you can chop it to your needs. I bought a used fender on ebay for my bike, chopped it to my liking, powder coated it and done.
you can find tons of used sportster tanks on ebay. I like how he mounted his tank "frisco" style. I didn't mount mine frisco style but I did make a tank lift for the front with old Lic. plate mounts.
I have a rake / trail calculator on my computer somewhere, or a link to one. I don't have time to find it right now but I will if you are interested in it.
Here is my bike that I "built" its an '03 1200 custom. It has changed a little since the picture, I reran the throttle and clutch cables to give it a even cleaner look. the ones I have a are to long and are getting switched soon.
P3130004-1.jpg

P3130009.jpg

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I have a rake / trail calculator on my computer somewhere, or a link to one. I don't have time to find it right now but I will if you are interested in it.
Here is my bike that I "built" its an '03 1200 custom. It has changed a little since the picture, I reran the throttle and clutch cables to give it a even cleaner look. the ones I have a are to long and are getting switched soon.
P3130004-1.jpg

P3130009.jpg

while you're at it, drop the angle of your ape hangers back to where they're parallel to the forks..

it will have a much cleaner look to it, and will dramatically improve the handling.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while you're at it, drop the angle of your ape hangers back to where they're parallel to the forks..

it will have a much cleaner look to it, and will dramatically improve the handling.

I have tried that, due to my height I have to leave them out like that. I think when I change the next winter I will be able to roll the bars back. I am going to a hardtail frame and a spring solo seat. the frame will be stretched 4inches up and out along with a 40 degree rake and a springer front end. believe it or not it handles great the way it is. I was very surprised.
here is how the bike looked a couple months ago before i started chopping on it.
P1130034.jpg

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i hadnt thought of a trailer fender. will look into that.

if you do find that calculator link id love to check it out.

sweet looking bike. is that a model a taillight?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58