My new Bio Diesel setup

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is...see the fourth picture in the first post...

I think everyone would plead with you to NOT do that...the methanol vapors will explode...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
* OFFICIAL CEASE AND DESIST ORDER *
Well ok, strong recommendation.....
Go spend the money for an electric HWH, new 50 gal about 220 bucks, home depot.
Open flames are a disaster waiting to happen.
Rick H...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
SVOers never get this kind of edict. :innocent

Ok for those that have a tiny brain like me....

Edict
# a formal or authoritative proclamation
# decree: a legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge) :confused:

TEXCRAWLER

TEXCRAWLER
Reaction score
Everyone says never to use a gas hot water heater. I am. Everyone says use an electric WH. This is what I had at the time for free. I have no mthanol fuel vapors anywhere around my setup. I heat the oil to 130* then do my PH test for how muck LYE and Methanol I need. The flame is no longer on after that point. I say you have to be responsible enough to not blow yourself up. I'm on my #6 batch and doing great. Thanx guys

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Everyone says never to use a gas hot water heater. I am. Everyone says use an electric WH. This is what I had at the time for free. I have no mthanol fuel vapors anywhere around my setup. I heat the oil to 130* then do my PH test for how muck LYE and Methanol I need. The flame is no longer on after that point. I say you have to be responsible enough to not blow yourself up. I'm on my #6 batch and doing great. Thanx guys

Thanks for clarifying. One thing to remember, someone searching out may not know the difference and proceed to blow them selves up.
Please further clarify that you turn the gas off completely and or you have a spark igniter and not a standing pilot.
But in the end, because of the construction of the gas hot water heater tank construction its self, I would still recommend an electric.
In the end, there is still human interaction to ensure the gas is off, right?
Rick H...

TEXCRAWLER

TEXCRAWLER
Reaction score
Before any methanol comes around my grage there is no flame and all gas is shut off and that means no pilot light. I do my best to look out for saftey. You can always look for me on the news:lmao:sweet

Last edited:

TEXCRAWLER

TEXCRAWLER
Reaction score
where is B.F.E

I have a house in Vidor,TX 2 hrs from you. I work construction in refineries and it puts me out in Quakefornia alot also. So I'm not always in TX.:sweet I have a set up both places. My largest quantity of oil comes from Calif. Don't know what the deal is w/the restraunts in S.E. TX but they want to be paid for their used cooking oil and right now I'm not willing to pay for it. Out in Calif. I have no less than 500 gallons of oil each month.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14