My new Draft Horses

Cat235D

TDS Refugee
Reaction score
This was quickly removed by some uptight Hitler youth moderator at TDS, He was Probably jealous that just one of my horses could pull more than his truck :roflmao

Last edited:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Cat235D said:
This was quickly removed by some uptight Hitler youth moderator at TDS, He was Probably jealous that just one of my horses could pull more than his truck :roflmao
tell us how you really feel -popcorn

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you pulling with them???

I had a couple of mules that we used to pull a covered wagon up in Wyoming.... Take tourists on ride of the Old Oregon Trail...

Those two of yours look like they are a team...

Nice looking horses!!! :thumbs

Cat235D

TDS Refugee
Reaction score
Dieselmeister said:
What are you pulling with them???

I had a couple of mules that we used to pull a covered wagon up in Wyoming.... Take tourists on ride of the Old Oregon Trail...

Those two of yours look like they are a team...

Nice looking horses!!! :thumbs
They came with a wagon, I just got them about a month ago so i have not hitched them to it yet but i have been ground driving them around my farm to get use to them . They are a team same father born 3 weeks apart and have been together ever since, they are 12 now. Belgian Percheron cross.

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do they compare, horspower wise (I just had to do it) with Clydesdales?

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cat235D said:
They came with a wagon, I just got them about a month ago so i have not hitched them to it yet but i have been ground driving them around my farm to get use to them . They are a team same father born 3 weeks apart and have been together ever since, they are 12 now. Belgian Percheron cross.

My grandfather raised Percherons.. He had a couple of state champions at one time... They are a great breed.

A good team is something of beauty when they work together. The team of mules that I used to drive were former logging mules... I used to have to give a warning before taking off... they were used to having to lunge into the harness to get the trees moving... so when I would take off with them the would do the same thing... I about lost a couple of people out the back one time because they weren't paying atttention... It was actually kind of funny.

Since your into pulling... here is a friend from Wyoming with his team....

By the way... He's pulling doubles!! :thumbs

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now THAT is a HORSE !

Nice Digs for them too !!!
and as a Texan, I'm used to the wide opens,
but never pictured NJ as having that -
thought it was all interstate and malls !

Nice !

Cat235D

TDS Refugee
Reaction score
JohnBoy, Nj has thousands of acre`s of farmland, My next door neihbor has 1200 acre`s he runs a Standardbred breeding farm and has over 650 head on it. NJ is getting very built up, But my county and the county`s all around me all passed land preservation law`s witch prohibits farmers from selling there land to developers.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GOOD for them !!!
the idjut politicians here in Arlington used Eminent Domain to take homeowners land to build the new cowboys stadium !!!!!
Hope they lose their jobs - their businesses - their shirts over this lunacy....

My manager is in Hammonton and a team member is near Lebanon - he's actually in some? Township
they both inferred that they were city folk...
but it IS called the Garden State for a reason, right ? :thumbs

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58