My New Flagpole

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a flagpole for a long time...wanted to share what I built. Cost less than $100 for the hardware. I used a 24' SS20 fence pipe in a 3" sleeve buried 42". It's 20' tall, I'm using 3x5 flags. I did order a 5x8 US flag to fly on special occasions. Whatcha think?

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice................ :sweet

An American Flag.......a Texas Flag.......and a Windmill in the background.

Can't go wrong with that. :hail

Tbar

Jimmy Tanner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks Great! Let us know how it holds up in those strong Texas winds, especially once you run up the big flag.

I paid nearly $500 for my 25 footer and I think you have a better setup than I.

Jimmy

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Any plans to light it? there is nothing nicer than having your flags lit up with a couple of nice lights from the bottom.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!! Very impressive!!!! Where did you find a 24' fence pipe? I have always wanted a similar setup. I'd like to put the US, Texas, and Louisiana flags on it, as well as throwing in the "Don't Tread On Me" flag occasionally.

PM me with more details.

Last edited:

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, guys!

I haven't put much thought into lighting it, but I did see some solar lights that are pretty cool...I just don't want to trench enough to run the cable needed to do it nicely.. I may do that sometime in the future, but for now, I'm enjoying the daily up & down routine...I like teaching my boys about flag etiquette, proper care, folding, etc..

Allied Tube (Allied Tube and Conduit - Tyco Electrical and Metal Products) is the maker of the pipe I got, you can visit their website to find local distributors. We have a fence co here locally that is GREAT to work with, they've got just about anything you'd ever want and are great to work with... I used SS20, which is one of the lighter grades. I thought about stepping it up to a thicker piece, but I think this will do, and with it in a ground-sleeve, I can always replace it later if it becomes a problem. The load test on this pipe is something like 350 pounds at 6 feet., so I think it should be able to handle these small flags ok...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58