My new hardware...

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Screws? Have them drill through and put a bolt and nut in, it will hold better. Maybe a little JB Weld as ta boot.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screws? Have them drill through and put a bolt and nut in, it will hold better. Maybe a little JB Weld as ta boot.

they already drilled thru..my FEMUR...thats how they thread the new
ligament to the other side, before they screw it in.

interestingly enough when the remove the OLD screws they DONT
use the same hole...and there has to be enough bone to safely
anchor the NEW screw...cant be too close to the old hole or itll
break the bone

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bush;

After re-reading this thread again, I see that I thought Powerboatr had the surgery instead of you. I guess my old eyes or my mind is letting me down.
Anyway BUSH.... I hope your knee will be good for a long time. It is no fun going under the knife. My aunt who is in her 90's just had her knee replaced by a sports surgeon in San Francisco, and she walked out of the surgery the next day without a walker, crutch or cane. Her scar is about half the size of the other knee that she had replaced about eight years ago. She said that her first knee replacement was very painful for about six months. She has no pain in this one.
She has always been a crusty ole gal. Tough as nails. Knee replacements are supposed to be more painful than hip replacements. I had two weeks of pain, used the walker for about one month, and cane for the next two weeks. Of course I am a sissy compared to my Aunt...:roflmao

Last edited:

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
I have 2 bolts 3 screws, and two straps in my right knee, and they have been all replaced twice, along with sinthetic ligaments, full knee rebuild twice :(

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Man, y'all are making me happy to have all OEM hardware. I'm thinking of having grease Zerks installed on all joints though for maintenance:roflmao .

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had ACL reconstruction done 12 years ago. Had it done od a Monday by Fridayy I was driving the motorhome, even though I was on crutches. Percoset for 3 days then 800mg on Motrin. Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14