My New Project

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
police stroker said:
Bubba you suck I've been wanting one a f100 for a project truck....
You lucky dog let me guess it was free if you came and got it!!!

Nope. $200 delivered. Motor locked up in '78 or '79 and got left there since. Its complete except for the front bumper ( as far as I can tell).:cool:

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WD40 said:
Bad Bad Bubba, I don't want to break your heart or anything but I see a 1952 Ford F-1 in the pictures you posted. Personaly I think it is one of the best looking grills that Ford used other than a 1956 F-100 Chrome.:sweet :sweet :thumbs

Dont break my heart. The year was what I was quoted. After doing a little investigation, and taking all pictures into account, I believe it must me a 51. The hood on the 52 was different. Good eye though.:sweet

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at a lot of pictures of 1951s and 1952s I think it is a 1951 also. How lucky can you get to find one like this. Hope you have a big pot of money to get it to looking good. Does it have the v8 or inline 6 in it now?

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
WD40 said:
After looking at a lot of pictures of 1951s and 1952s I think it is a 1951 also. How lucky can you get to find one like this. Hope you have a big pot of money to get it to looking good. Does it have the v8 or inline 6 in it now?
I got money on I-6

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flathead 6.

The guy called today and said that he looked at the title and it was a 51. I said yeah I know. It will be here Sunday afternoon.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bad_bad_bubba said:
Dont break my heart. The year was what I was quoted. After doing a little investigation, and taking all pictures into account, I believe it must me a 51. The hood on the 52 was different. Good eye though.:sweet
I wasn't sure if it was a 51 or 52. Back then (50s and 60s) it was easier to look at them and tell what year it was. Nowadays with the body styles lasting several years, it's hard to differentiate. One of the strangest changes I remember was in the 64 thru 66 Chevy pickups. The only difference I remember on them was the series badge on the fenders, plus the 66's had backup lights added. During that same period Ford made more noticeable changes in their pickups with different grilles, plus adding Twin-I-Beam.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14