My new used exhaust

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Ok so I got tired of the no noise coming from the X and dont have the cash to buy a system.I do however have free time at work and some extra parts from my old duramax and the stock sytem off the X from the muffler back and also from a 4" system I had on the duramax. So heres the finished project, I cut off the exhaust and all behind it, and used the short piece of pipe with the built in clamp and hangar for my starting point.Next I used 2 cuts of the pipe that goes over the axleto get y angles.Next I used the ront pipe off my old duramaxto exit out right.Then I added an extra piece of 4" I had left over from my MotoBlue system that had a hanger on it, and it mounts to the front of the rear fender liner just to keep it from moving since it doesnt way a ton.Im still going to put a rubber grommit into the liner for the hanger to go in, for now its RTV around it to reduce vibes.On with the pics.

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

DSC02252.jpg

DSC02253.jpg

Hope ya like

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually HATE talented people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They cost me a fortune, cuz I can't do nuthin !!! :)

Be interesting to hear the 4 letter words from the wife as she slides out onto it getting out after a 4 hour run down the interstate :) :) :)

Let us know how it does !!!
u got a tuner ? so it can smoke it up ?!?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Add a hot chip or programming so you can make the wheel black:thumbs

Nice way to utilize parts around the shop:D

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Thanks.Its a little loud under acceleration but overall not bad.Im gonna keep it this way for a while and see if I need to put a muffler in the system sometime in the futue.One thing though is the wife hates it while its warming up, when the cold high idle deal kicks on , she goes and hits he brakes to turn it off.

Oh yea no tuner, no plans for one either.Itll smoke the tires plenty good with a 10K resistor, not a ton of black smoke either.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job! Looks like a good setup. I did something similar to that when I straight piped my factory exhaust before I put on my 4" duals. I loved the sound it made when the high idle kicked in. Sounds just like a jet engine. I bet my neighbor didn't like it much though! It's ok though since he's a chevy man!

Last edited:

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
YA know not much drone at all, just gets a little dronee or loud while accelerating like on an on ramp, but at speed its good.
I work around jets enough to I dont care to hear them anymore than I have too, lol.

Something to add, is that the turbo is very prominant now though the exhaust, sometimes like cruising through the neighbor hood its all u hear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58