My Part To Stimulate The Economy

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
some of you may recall from my apology, that part of my stress level was being caused by my house hunt.. :sorry
here's the whole story...

We need to move our horses. The place they were boarded at imploded on itself, and the horses were not being cared for. :rant

We moved them to a barn owned by mutual friends. That worked good, untill there was a change in shift for the owner, and the kids (teenagers) took over the horse care.. sometimes they got hay, sometimes they got grain, sometimes they got water, rarely did they get all three... so, after the dust had settled in Barn #1, we moved the horses back there. Well, that worked good for about, three maybe four hours. :rant :rant

So we looked and looked and looked and looked and looked and looked and looked, found a place we liked. Couldn't make it happen because there is a township ordinance that said livestock could not go on a property that had laid fallow. Since the poeple that owned it had sold their horses and the barn was empty, the township told us we could not buy the property and put horses back on it. :rant :rant :rant

Well, in the meantime, we had listed (and SOLD!) our house. It was on the market for about 100 days, and we had accepted an offer (we anticipated it being on the market for about six months). So now we had a mad dash to find a property that was horse-compatible. Well, it was coming down to D-Day, and we were making plans to rent an apartment and a lot for the RV in a trailer park.

When we stumbled across this

We made an offer on it last week.

The offer was accepted yesterday.

I own a LOG-FRIGGIN'-CABIN! :clap: :sweet :clap:

Last edited:

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to have a place like that. The wife says that a house finished out like that is wood overload!! I didn't know such a thing was possible!

Way to go JLD.

atk

Reaction score
glad things worked out for you finally....i am also :green ...

i dream of having a place like this lake side....someday

enjoy your new home....:sweet

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Lookin' sweet!!!:sweet

There's gotta be a heated garage space big enough for a truck behind one of those doors.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JLD ? I don't know if you really needed to Apologize about Anything:eek: :eek:

I think you deserve some kinda Medal, or Award of some sort.. for make'n it thru that Hell'ish ordeal.

Glad you all (horses too) got yer new Digs. Nice place.

Enjoy ;tu ;tu

It's always tuff when they "Fly the Coop". But it's gota happen.

When our kids turned 18 ? I broke their Plate & Burned their Mattresses.

Problem was.. They kept come'n back, with Paper Plates & Sleeping bags.......;) :lmao :lmao

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great looking place

By what I see in Ohio you got a great deal that place is fantastic and that out building what a nice storage place & workshop. several years back we moved into this cluster home no where to work on projects or anything for that matter .Congrats glad everything worked out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14