photos My processor set up

binuya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
As promised a while back, here are some pics of my biodiesel processor. Fabricated out of a 55 drum with a wok brazed to the bottom. My methoxide mixer is a keg with an air drill to mix.

I'm closing in on the 500 gallon mark next 45 gallon batch. Just under a year doing this, so I'm still a newbie at it. My process and fuel quality is gradually improving. My first few batches were likely not quite up to spec, but my tolerant 7.3 didn't seem to mind.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Why the wok? Are you heating the big tank? I have checked out the store bought ones, but, they are pricey. Good idea, need a little more info on how yours works.......also, had any problems from people thinking you got a "still"?:sweet

binuya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hehe, no, my neighboors all know what I'm doing. The wok is something I had around, and I like that it helps with draining, and it adds another 4-5 gallons capacity. Not really necessary though. I guess I'll take any excuse to pull out my mig and acetalyne set ups.

I wired a 240v water heater element and thermostat for 110v. Takes about 2 hours to heat 45 gal oil to 140 degrees. Pump is a cheap harbor freight unit. Besides time brazing and welding, most expensive things are the 3/4" ball valves. Need 9 of them. I probably have around $275 into it, (not including things I had around like the keg, air drill, some of the black pipe, etc.) I'm over 500 gallons made, and it's still running strong, no issues.

Tons of info out there, mostly good. Once you get the basics, look up 'biodiesel and svo' forums. 8 years worth of great info there and tons of reading.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool......I'm looking for another rig, and it will be older, so I plan on getting into this biofuel thing.:)

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
hey binuya you got any better pics on your set up???? im working again on mine, lookin at making it smaller

binuya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Gimme a day or so, and I'll try and get some for you. You'll have to pardon the mess around it. I got too many things going on at the same time, not the least of which is another 45 gallon batch!

binuya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Chris,

Finally got some pics for you. If you have any questions about my set up, let me know. The pic of the 3/4" plug with a 3/16" hole drilled in it is screwed into the tank inlet from the pump. Works for me to create a strong violent mixing action. I make 170 litre/45 gallon batches.

BTW, why are you making yours smaller?

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
ii like the photos, they are helpful, i just want more space in the garage, illl get back on the processor once i get my lift on my truck, i believe this week ends project :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg