My PSD still loves vegoil and B99

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Just had a Blackstone UOA done and am quite pleased with their comments. :sweet

RICHARD: Veggie oil or biodiesel -- your F350 handles both with ease, and it apparently does not care whether you switch back and forth between them. The 5 ppm copper we found last time improved to 4 ppm here, which is fine. The other metals all held steady. If we haven't said it before, we'll say it now: this is a very nice engine, and it's showing no signs of slowing down. Bearing wear (copper, lead, tin) looks especially good. No fuel, moisture, or antifreeze found. Silicon was low at 6 ppm, showing no problems at the air filtration system. Looking good.

Miles on engine 286,000+ :dizzy

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Just had a Blackstone UOA done and am quite pleased with their comments. :sweet

Miles on engine 286,000+ :dizzy

thats superb, good to see its going strong

although their statement might be sucking up just a bit..."If we haven't said it before, we'll say it now: this is a very nice engine,":lmao :lmao

my 6.0 loves bio albsolutley. you would think it would be just easier to get

BlackBioBurner

Full Size Newbie
Reaction score
Injectors?

You guys ever have any problems with your injectors or fuel filters running bio. Ford has told me DO NOT RUN BIO, not even B05 or B20 and that it would cause all kinds of hell with my injectors. I was very dissapointed because my reason for buying my PSD was to run on and start making biodiesel. I have run one tank of B20 with no problems I could tell.:dunno

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
The Bio will clean your system out, which can clog the fuel filter, so just replace the filter. As long the as the filter is good, you shouldn't have any problems with the injectors.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I have reached the conclusion that a Racor prefilter is really necessary. It is cheap insurance.

Gordon K Harriso

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Powerstoke oil pans?

:dunnoWhat's with the oil pans on the 1996 F-350 powerstrokes?Mine is porous in one spot and leaking and the truck has only turned 180,000 miles.Is there a better solution then just replacing it with the same tin oil pan?This truck ran fine on fuel oil until it hit 5,000 miles and plugged up the fuel filter.What's the chance of running Bio diesel in her?

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
bio will clean things out and plug a filter or two as well. That is, assuming there is any buildup. Mine has not plugged filters due to bio use.

All you need is a spare or two. Your fuel lines from the regulator to the heads will need to be replaced if you use a high concentration. Cheap though.

Cant tell you anything on the oil pan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58