My results from the exhaust guide

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
These are my findings with the Exhaust Guide from Diesel Power Products... please do not argue with me or try to say anything negative unless you have one.

The guide did not have an affect on anything at low speeds or around town for me. I saw no increase in boost, but saw a reduction in EGT's at sustained speeds. Before I got the guide my EGT's pretty much ran at my speed with a zero on the end... 70 mph = 700º. With the guide installed I saw as low as 600º in 5th at 72ish mph with the cruise on (which we know is hotter than driving just by the pedal).

This pretty much goes with the info from others with the guide installed along with a muffler. The reason he had me test one was because no other people were running one on a straight piped truck. What it did do for my exhaust was smooth out the tone a little bit. If you have heard a straight piped one and here that kinda "woof woof" noise that is what I am talking about. It surprisingly had very little affect on the whistle... its still is pretty loud, which is the part I like.

Anyway bottom line is there was a drop in EGT's.

For more info on my truck or gauges or any other questions you may have go to my website. Sound clips will be up shortly!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Chris,

Mine is still in testing right now, but so far I am seeing similar favorable results. I'll know more about any increase in MPG's pretty soon. Have you seen any effect on mileage?

Mike

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ChrisMartinTX said:
These are my findings with the Exhaust Guide from Diesel Power Products... please do not argue with me or try to say anything negative unless you have one.

The guide did not have an affect on anything at low speeds or around town for me. I saw no increase in boost, but saw a reduction in EGT's at sustained speeds. Before I got the guide my EGT's pretty much ran at my speed with a zero on the end... 70 mph = 700º. With the guide installed I saw as low as 600º in 5th at 72ish mph with the cruise on (which we know is hotter than driving just by the pedal).

This pretty much goes with the info from others with the guide installed along with a muffler. The reason he had me test one was because no other people were running one on a straight piped truck. What it did do for my exhaust was smooth out the tone a little bit. If you have heard a straight piped one and here that kinda "woof woof" noise that is what I am talking about. It surprisingly had very little affect on the whistle... its still is pretty loud, which is the part I like.

Anyway bottom line is there was a drop in EGT's.

For more info on my truck or gauges or any other questions you may have go to my website. Sound clips will be up shortly!

Hi Chris,

My findings mimic yours. I'm still collecting some data. One thing, worthy of comment is: It's been 100* PLUS, here in Sunny Central Cal, for 24 consecutive days..... I'v pulled my FW out'a here trying to get away from that..... I the see lower EGTs even when in a Grinding Pull.

I like the new sound too, and the smoother, quieter idle.

As I said in my earlier Post: It's not "WHIZ BANG"..... but it IS a positive improvement. So far,I can't find anything negative about it.

JOE

On Edit: I've seen a 2 MPG gain..... (in about 4 or 5 tank fulls). Not Much, but @ damn neer 3.00 bucks a gallon (?)..... a positive thing.

Last edited:

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
ChrisMartinTX said:

I think someones been spending too much time over at TDS. :p

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
I think someones been spending too much time over at TDS. :p

:p just used to those guys going crazy about saying the sky is blue... at least we have this sanctuary though :cowboy:

Glassdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh great, my tranny is busted and now some know it all is telling me the sky is blue. What shade of blue is the sky and what can be done to mod said sky? :D :guns: :guns:

Mike

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<thread hijack> Is NOT blue it's black just look out side and you'll see for yourself

hmm that's definately a good thing as far as the decrease in EGTs goes and if you're getting increased mileage then that's even better. Heck what are guys spending to get a drop of 50-100° with upgraded intercoolers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14