My Stupid Truck

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I'd run a Blackstone on the Oil Robert to rule out fuel in the oil.

Yeah and if you had fuel in the oil, you'd be able to SMELL it Robert, did you do that or are you getting too old :tongue2

I always run my coolant level right about where you got it, as Ford recommends running it lower to prevent some puking. ;)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
oil tasted like ...

Oily Eggs, burnt dinosaurs

oil smelled like ...

Sulphur, burnt dinosaurs.

degas bottle is clean and i couldnt smell any fuel, but she is at my dealer now, undergoing a look see, but shes second inline t tw oil filed trucks needing headgaskets.

i am searching the net today for a back up truck just in case :sly

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be betting on a hpop line or something in that circuit...

I just got my latest blackstone report back, and I went from 3% fuel to 5% fuel... time to call the dealer. runs fine, but I'm betting and injector. fuel mileage hasn't really done anything great, always around 13-14 no mater how I drive. got power though, lots... Only ting that makes me think injector for me is once in a while I'll get a little blue puff on startup. if an injcetor is leaking, that would account for where it's going...

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just ate my #4 when a Oring let go... so fuel in the oil is a baaaad thing...

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i am at a loss for words robert. i would do the blackstone too though. mine is slightly over due for a oil change and need to do a report also.

let us know any news..:doh: :sorry

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
waiting on parts
the infamous HPOP quick disocnnect fitting bracket, in route from Nashville
hopefully thursday the parts arrive safe and sound
:D

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they found the problem. Sorry to here about the troubles glad that you made it home just fine. Glad to hear the parts are coming in.

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you believe the same thing happened to my truck.... The tech here say's that the HPOP "O" ring is a common problem... and the new updated bracket is the new fix for it.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Choices are getting thin when thinking about replacing our 6.0 trucks. The 6.4 engines are getting terrible fuel economy per everyone I have talked to. They have been holding up, but bad fuel economy. 9.8 mpg, empty is not very good.
The new 07 and 08 6.7 Cummins engine is to new to tell how well it is going to hold up. Chevy is not even a consideration. Because of the new smog laws, any new diesel engine is going to have a bunch of emissions junk on them. That is the main reason I bought the 06 PSD.
So I am hoping that Ford will come up with all the fixes for our 6.0 engines in the near future, so they will last the 300,000 miles that they should. I have not had one problem yet, but if I do in the future, I would consider replacing the engine with a 5.9 Cummins if Ford does not make our engines bullet proof.
A good test will be the 10,000 mile trip pulling the 5er next year. If I do not have any problems, then I will be happy. So far, 8000 miles and no problems. My truck is pure stock. No changes yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14