My TC is gone I need advice!

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
-mad My TC blew in my grandfathers back yard yesterday:cussing:.Im just getting a tranny so... My dad wants me to get a jasper I want a suncoat....any thoughts?

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Suncoast builds a good unit, though they are spendy. The Jasper tranny will be cheaper, and not as sturdy. BTS builds a good tranny, virtually bullet proof. Again, a very spendy investment. MonsterBox is another good unit and again, get ready to spend some cash. Unless yo go with a stock rebuilt unit (you pick your rebuilder, aamco,dayton etc etc....) you are going to spend WAY in excess of $2500 on a good tranny/TC combo. $2500 will get you a unit that will crap out in 10,000 miles. $4500 will get you good quality equipment behind the flywheel for many years to come.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
will the HD TQ be the difference instead of the brand name is that what you mean. Will I pretty much have the same tranny with either?

Not exactly. Tranny rebuilders have a choice of using new OEM parts or aftermarket upgraded sturdier parts. That's the difference in what you ultimately pay for...and a longer warrenty. This is the time to decide on a Trans Go shift kit.

stealth_600rr

stealth_stroker
Reaction score
I just got an estimate at ford and it was $1700 and $1000 core, for a new tranny with 2 year unlimited mile warranty

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
thanks for the help the only hurdle Ive got with my dad is the price. hes old school and doesnt want me to spend "all that money". The Suncoast and the Jasper have the same warranty (3 yr). But when I put in my Wildman chip ( I got it today-mad ) Im thinking the Jasper will take a dump in a short amt. of time. So as of right now I dont know what Im going to do.....:confused:

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
I installed an upgraded TC from ricther69 when I had my engine out not cheap about 750 but well worth it as my tranny status is unknown. I do not if it was rebuilt or not but since I have had it it has handled the swamps 175s and 15 second 1/4 miles.
the jasper in the 97 started leaking and was still under warr but guess what they do not cover leaks! that sucks. and it shifts like crap.
rick h wireless...

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
I installed an upgraded TC from ricther69 when I had my engine out not cheap about 750 but well worth it as my tranny status is unknown. I do not if it was rebuilt or not but since I have had it it has handled the swamps 175s and 15 second 1/4 miles.
the jasper in the 97 started leaking and was still under warr but guess what they do not cover leaks! that sucks. and it shifts like crap.
rick h wireless...

I was afraid I would hear something like this......

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
can anyone tell me why my digital gague system would stop working? would it have anything to do my TC going out? got it moved outa the yard and just noticed that the gauge doesnt read anything,buttons dont work...nothing. could the TC going out fry the gauge system? thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14